Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Did we meet?

Once in awhile, but i have a cheese factory a mile down the road from my house, that i usually get my cheese from.( LaGranders cheese factory) they supply Culver's with there cheese.
I did some work on Nasonville cheese factory a number of years ago, though
And my wife is a cross town gal...withee girl! Lol maybe you and I did meet at some point lol

Isn't it obvious if a hunter is on hunt talk?
1) what does his hat look like?
2) does he have stickers on his vehicle?
3) does he use the word bro
4) are his first words "I know to hike away from the roads but can't seem to find anything, I don't need your honey hole but just looking for some direction"
5) does it look like he could handle a night on the mountains with no shelter?

If any of those apply, he ain't a hunt talker

The way I know if someone is on HT is by smiling and winking at them. If they wink back I know they’re on the forum.

I usually just get an odd look and they start walking fast the other direction. Guess I’ve never met anyone from here in real life.

4) are his first words "I know to hike away from the roads but can't seem to find anything, I don't need your honey hole but just looking for some direction"

FCFF365E-2574-480A-91EF-6679ECF5486F.jpeg
Yup, like these TV weasels. Ain’t HT type’s whatsoever.

The way I know if someone is on HT is by smiling and winking at them. If they wink back I know they’re on the forum.

I usually just get an odd look and they start walking fast the other direction. Guess I’ve never met anyone from here in real life.
You better be careful doing that in this day and age. We'll read about you in the news. mtmuley

I must not be in the elite group. Hell you even ignore my texts anymore let alone a winky face.

Awww bro.

Several springs ago I pulled into “my” public land parking area and saw a truck with an Indiana license plate. I went on to towards my evening hunting spot and as I was on ninja mode in the woods I heard a nearby shotgun shot.

Right about where I was going to go set up as the birds tend to use a path off the ag field to go roost for the evening.

A couple of minutes later here comes a camo clad hunter toting a nice tom on his shoulder. As he nears my hidden position in the woods, I step out and surprised him that I was there, and also because I asked , “are you ________ __________?

With a very surprised look on his face he replied,”no, but he is! and pointed behind him.

Another hunter, this one carrying a full on taxidermied full strut tom under one arm and shouldering a real tom on his other shoulder was lagging about 75 yards behind.

I had pulled my face mask down to show my face, just as @RUT JUNKEY got to where we were standing. “Hey, I know you!” he said.

I think I can say that there are only a couple of photos that include my face in them. RJ and I are FB “friends”.

On another occasion I was in a room for a Kansas BHA grouse film movie night. I’m certain that there were a couple of HuntTalkers there besides myself, but I arrived late and had to leave early so I didn’t make the connection of face to forum handle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back