• Yes.

Votes: 133 71.1%
  • No. It’s a sin.

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Yes, but it’s a sin

Votes: 44 23.5%

• Total voters
Ok, I'll be that guy.

Stop fooling around, find a good woman in your own age group, get married, and build a meaningful life before she is too old to have children.
Don't ruin our entertainment with good advice. We all know this thread is going to end in a spectacular train wreck, but let it marinate and see where it goes. ;)

I’m not not sure which direction my skepticism lies, but I’m not convinced that @DouglasR is 29.
Admit it...if he was the 53 yo in this equation we would be congratulate him on landing a 29 yo girlfriend. My only advice in that case would be to watch out for #babyrabies

The best way to have a good relationship is knowing, if you HAD to, you could go out and meet someone else who will give you what you want in a relationship. It's when you think "Crap I can't do any better than this / I don't deserve anything better than this" that you get stuck with an unsatisfactory mate. When you know you are a catch, and do your best to be the best partner the other person in the relationship seems to mirror your actions and attitude.

Last edited:
I will go ahead and be the A hole....

I will start with a question.....and I mean this with all POSSIBLE seriousness.........do you want (REALLLY want) kids? Not only because of the age difference but because of how they change your life. If you do, this whole thing is a non-starter.

Past that I will reiterate an earlier warning about menopause. My wife is +-4 years older than I am and I will be honest in saying that menopause is a f*((ing SOB. It changes everything about women, body, energy level, outlook, personality (let ALONE sex drive)......at least in my household. I love my wife but have been tested within an inch of my life over the past several years (to the point where even her family and our kids have taken me aside to apologize for what has been going down with her). I am on the back side of it now and her mood swings and personality have leveled out BUT you should know that if she is not post-menopausal it WILL NOT get better than it is now and highly probably get worse. Not really warm and fuzzy but straight truth.

Hmmm...if you 2 hit it off long term just think about this. When you're 40 she'll be 64 almost ready to be on Medicare. (y)
And if you do have kids she can go to school with them on "take your mom to school" day AND on "Bring your grandma to school" day! ;)
On the other hand if some old fart on this forum was asking if he should date a woman 24 years younger than himself we would all be saying go for it.

The question is not do you want kids. The question is are her kids older than you? Or around your age? And if yes, does she have a daughter? Cause thats who I would be interested in…

Short answer yes, nothing wrong with the age difference. Long answer, by the time you’re done having fun, what you may have wanted from life may be unavailable.

Is love hard to find? Not in my opinion. Sex is even easier than that. Have fun but think about what you want out of life. We know what she wants - a young pool boy toy, freedom, and a great career.

Pics would help too so we can bash you or cheer on the debauchery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back