Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Crazy Fire Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Just saw a video someone posted driving through my neighborhood. It's a total loss. My house, my daughter's house and all my neighbors. Going to try and take a look for myself later today.
Man.... that is terrible. Prayers to all affected.

Just saw a video someone posted driving through my neighborhood. It's a total loss. My house, my daughter's house and all my neighbors. Going to try and take a look for myself later today.
@gouch, So sorry to hear this...thoughts and prayers for you and your family....along with ALL that have been and will be effected by the 2020 fires. 2020 is one hell-of-a year!

The sad thing is every fire that started on Sunday in WA is believed to be human caused in one form or another.
I don’t doubt it the fire I mentioned was literally set deliberately by someone who threw a lit matchbook out a car window when the Santa Ana winds were blowing in CA.

Man these fires are horrible, hopefully everyone affected stays safe and can rebuild their lifes when it is safe to return, thoughts and prayers sent to all affected!

So sorry Gouch.

Just seeing some of the pictures and videos on social media this evening, it’s reminiscent of 2018’s Camp Fire, which killed over 80 people and burned nearly 20,000 structures. It almost seems like in some of these areas the most flammable things on the landscape are the houses themselves.

Just awful

Last edited:

A strange development. I was wondering why there were so many detectives walking around the neighborhood knocking on doors.

Fire 🔥 close to my work area , Drove up over the mountain after work and just did an hour drive up over the top I was on the northside in the fire is on the actual south side and it’s cooking up a storm over there
47868AD6-A14E-4452-8C9F-CD2875009A68.jpeg
A9350A36-5180-400B-B2C5-428C92D2B952.jpeg
25BF72E2-FCBB-4946-9357-7B0AEC635134.jpeg
18DC8080-24DC-41D4-BBAA-19F11D64CD95.jpeg
The only thing up where that fire is burning it’s small little farms and small Vineyards and homes of various acreage just throughout that mountain, this is once-in-a-lifetime event here where I live. And I drove past one of the local churches and I noticed that the parking lot people were driving their RVs over who lived up where the fire was and camping in the parking lot
31CA8B51-275F-40CD-BA24-986AA3D3E69A.jpeg

This dandy was taken by a coworker
Yesterday on the way home when the fire 🔥 Started and was getting going , this is on the south side of the mountain
E4ABBE2C-CC9F-47E9-AF1D-72C0FE07D459.jpeg
And one other he took
D75F1D2D-7174-488E-B210-A09F8EB13A1B.jpeg

Last edited:
These fires are just absolutely unreal, thoughts and prayers our to everyone involved.

A friend of my coworker, works insurance and posted telling people to video their house and all they belongings if they can before they evacuate.

Insane. So sorry @gouch. Praying for you and your family.

Thanks , I’m good that fire is 15 -20 minutes from Hillsboro On the outskirts of the Portland metro area , I knew some of the roads up that way , had a friend years back that lived up there so I went for a look about after work , and stuck to the roads I knew , you could be up there in 40 min or so from Portlandia

Man so sorry to hear of the lose. I'm kind of in the mix of this mess now. We just moved my son down to Clackamas in Oregon City. I guess the fire is 15 miles to the SE of the them. The school is the Shelter Site. I'm not sure what to do if I should go get him or tell him to head north for a bit.

Scary stuff and pray for everyone involved.

Weather is suppose to come in Monday night or Tuesday.

Last Friday my water pump crapped out in my truck causing it to overheat while hunting in a remote area up in the OR cascades. It was 10 miles or so from the Lionshead fire which had been slowly burning for several weeks. I ended up making a 20 mile round trip hike to the nearest blacktop FS road to meet a friend bringing parts. Luckily, I got it fixed late Saturday night and made my exit during the night. Two days later the area burned over and now a new fire has the road into the area completely shut down. Crazy.

not directly related to the Labor Day fires.

My little cousin just did the same thing to protect his house in Sumner the last couple of days.

It's pretty crazy to think about having an emergency like a wildfire bearing down on your house and no one coming to the rescue.

not directly related to the Labor Day fires.

My little cousin just did the same thing to protect his house in Sumner the last couple of days.

It's pretty crazy to think about having an emergency like a wildfire bearing down on your house and no one coming to the rescue.
That's a pretty amazing story. Thanks for sharing.

This just got more personal, my daughter lives in Ashland, OR. Stuff is just out of control there and all over the west.
1599825309145.png

Damn this is insane...estimating that 1 in 10 Oregonians are evac’d at this point. Fires from the coast to every bordering state. My phone blew up all night, have family/close friends all throughout OR and WA and some have been asked to move three times now.
This doesn’t settle down before elk season I’m prob gonna pull the plug on heading to Challis, won’t feel comfortable leaving the Mrs living in a tinderbox!

NY Times article

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back