MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Crazy Fire Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
One of my wife's friends is a firefighter for Spokane County. Last week she was sent to central WA, but they pulled her back to eastern WA yesterday morning for local fires. Hard to believe how fast some of the fires exploded in WA, CA and CO the last few days.

Fyi radio is reporting cold springs fire at 174k acres in just over 24 hrs.
Correction. The Cold Springs fire started at 9 pm Sunday near Omak, it is estimated at 140k acres. It jumped the Columbia and started the Pearl Hill Fire, which is estimated at 170k acres. So one fire complex burned 310,000 acres in ~36 hrs, https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/payw...cle_b7ded4f0-f21a-11ea-9d78-0b27fcdd056c.html

This does not count all the other fires burning in E. WA, like this one: https://www.npr.org/2020/09/08/9105...-80-of-small-town-in-eastern-washington-state

I thought the Evans canyon fire was the big one? Am I missing another?

It was smokey as hell this AM on the west side.

Edit: wow, it's miniscule compared to the others. Crazy part is I hunted last fall some areas where the Evans canyon fire is now.

On top of everything else burned, the Pearl Hill fire burned over endangered Columbia Basin pygmy rabbit breeding and release pens and newly established wild population in northern Douglas County. Emergency extraction efforts are underway but probably high mortality and a big hit to recovery efforts.

I thought the Evans canyon fire was the big one? Am I missing another?

It was smokey as hell this AM on the west side.

Edit: wow, it's miniscule compared to the others. Crazy part is I hunted last fall some areas where the Evans canyon fire is now.
Typical westsider already, if it happens east if the crest it might as well not have happened at all.

On top of everything else burned, the Pearl Hill fire burned over endangered Columbia Basin pygmy rabbit breeding and release pens and newly established wild population in northern Douglas County. Emergency extraction efforts are underway but probably high mortality and a big hit to recovery efforts.
They still have some around Ephrata though right?

Typical westsider already, if it happens east if the crest it might as well not have happened at all.

Also pretty easily explained by news coverage and how close to home it is. No need for hostilities, us “westsiders” don’t hate the east side and some have even traveled over to help put out some fires over there 👍🏻

received_1796509783836202.jpeg

Fire started about 100 feet north of my house and has been running north up Bear Creek. Much of Talent and Phoenix have been evacuated with numerous home losses on the scanner.

My gf and I are stuck in Medford waiting for the flames to die down on I5. Hope to make it home this evening.

My neighbor is the fire chief in our town across the border in Idaho. He left about mid day yesterday and got home late morning today still in his nomex. He looked beat and tired. Just an awful situation for those affected

View attachment 153394

Fire started about 100 feet north of my house and has been running north up Bear Creek. Much of Talent and Phoenix have been evacuated with numerous home losses on the scanner.

My gf and I are stuck in Medford waiting for the flames to die down on I5. Hope to make it home this evening.
Wow, you’re pretty close to where I grew up. My folks still live in the Applegate. They’ve been sending weather updates. It hasn’t sounded good down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back