Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Crazy Fire Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
View attachment 153394

Fire started about 100 feet north of my house and has been running north up Bear Creek. Much of Talent and Phoenix have been evacuated with numerous home losses on the scanner.

My gf and I are stuck in Medford waiting for the flames to die down on I5. Hope to make it home this evening.
I just heard about this fire and was going to pm you to see if everything was alright. What a crazy day. I’m glad you guys are okay.

It's hard to imagine what it's like to live through this kind of stuff. Years ago where I lived over 250 homes burned in one afternoon, one of which I lived in with some other folks. Couldn't do anything except sit outside and watch it burn. It's rough stuff.

The fire behavior was absolutely bizarre, probably because the sustained winds were pushing it so fast.
14E137B2-C634-4F7D-BD16-B228CE5E7DCF.jpeg
13CF5E2A-9219-4445-846A-D9A8255C0054.jpeg
C013C320-E673-4BAB-AFEA-E32EF258708E.jpeg
550B1792-915E-4DD3-839E-0D7E3302A502.jpeg
DC8D178F-1D44-4464-A886-0A0D114143A1.jpeg

These types of fires are similar to those set artificially, like when the allies fire bombed Germany. Like the fire bombings, the wind storms combined with the already huge fires can become self sustaining with horrific results. Just look at those photos they look like they’re from a bombed out war zone.

I have never seen or been around wild fires, but with the descriptions and photographs on the thread it looks horrific, sorry for all affected and I hope things improve soon, stay safe.

These types of fires are similar to those set artificially, like when the allies fire bombed Germany. Like the fire bombings, the wind storms combined with the already huge fires can become self sustaining with horrific results. Just look at those photos they look like they’re from a bombed out war zone.

The sad thing is every fire that started on Sunday in WA is believed to be human caused in one form or another.

The web viewer @kwyeewyk screen shot earlier in this thread is one of the better viewers out there: https://maps.nwcg.gov/sa/

I feel for OR right now, the big ones get getting to very close to a lot of people. It's crazy how much forest is burning there right now, much of it would qualify as a temperate rain forest.

I'm very sorry to hear that, gouch. The amount of fire that Oregon and northern CA woke up to this morning is almost unbelievable. In some respects, I think we might be witnessing the Big Burn of our generation. Some of these fires are making 25+ mile runs through conifer forest in a matter of hours.

ezgif-7-20898de6faaf.gif

Just saw a video someone posted driving through my neighborhood. It's a total loss. My house, my daughter's house and all my neighbors. Going to try and take a look for myself later today.
So sorry to hear that, I hope everything turns out as well as it can for you and your family and that you're all safe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back