Crazy Fire Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Damn! What towns impacted? We’re covered up in smoke today in Prineville (OR) from the fire past Sisters... 20k acres and growing ☹️

Cold Springs/Pearl Hill? I saw that it looked like that one ran about 60 miles today, which is incredible.

The sky is thick with smoke and the wind is absolutely screaming here in Portland. Sort of apocalyptic feeling, especially in light of all the other crap that has been happening here lately.

Crazy fire day indeed, getting caught up on all the activity here, the red is heat detection in the last 12 hours. Sad to hear about Malden, hope for the best for everybody.

1599542333293.png

1599542131351.png

Attachments

• 1599541894608.png
    1599541894608.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
The Cameron Peak Fire in CO was 59,000 acres at 8 PM last night and was over 96,000 acres at 4:45 this afternoon. Luckily it's going to get snow tonight.

Holy smokes!! I thought your 96,000 had to be a typo, checked on inciweb, that fire exploded today! We had ash falling at our house last night and we're probably 100 miles from there as the crow flies...

The fire situation in OR and WA is terrible. Sorry to hear about Malden and the surrounding areas.

Just awful. And possible in so many communities across the west.

I heard this morning where the National Weather Service was quoted as saying the next couple days will be a , "Historical multi-state fire disaster."

The fact that some of us woke up to snow this morning makes that prediction seem strange, but it sounds like California,Oregon, Washington, and Idaho could be in for it.

Back