Crazy Fire Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Really sad stuff.

When I was in high school we had a fire get away from us really quickly on the ranch just south of our families ranch. Luckily neither my uncle's or grandma's houses were touched, though it was way too close for comfort. I went from watching the Rockies-Giants baseball game to helping evacuate the house in next to no time. It sounds like what this family dealt with was similar although significantly worse, and they met with tragedy.

I can still remember Yorvit Torrealba playing in that Rockies game. The fact that I can remember that the Rockies were playing their backup catcher in a game that was almost 15 years ago is a weird example of how stressful moments can create powerful memories.

Looks like some of these fires are being set on purpose!View attachment 153789
Usually natural disasters are great equalizers, and have an amazing way of bringing everyone together. These fires are devastating enough as it is, but the fact that they have been turned into yet another us vs. them, misinformation-peddling political war is sickening and scares the hell out of me.

Looks like some of these fires are being set on purpose!View attachment 153789

He was not arrested at the source of the fire. He was about 8 miles from the source of the fire. Our local law enforcement has been inundated with stupid calls about antifa massing at the Walmart to set fires, proud boys meeting at the grange to start fires.

This was an unprecedented wind event during an unprecedented dry period. While many of our fires are human caused there isn't evidence to suggest the political enemies (whoever they may be) started the Almeda fire. Let's let the investigators investigate.

Last edited:
The gal I work with had family in the Molalla area which was under the level III evacuation and in the process of the goings-on up there they saw someone starting a fire and physically restrained the individual and took them down to the deputies she told me that yesterday when we were working together, This incident was two days ago . Whether it’s political or not I have no idea but there are a lot of people out there that just like to see chaos and destruction and it could be just a lot of wack jobs want to see things continue to burn so they go out and try to help things stay burning ,

I also read a report on Oregon live in the Corbett area up in the gorge some homeowners heard a loud bang and went to investigate and found fireworks have been set off right next to the road in grass and started a fire , they put it out , and then the word got around through the neighborhood , all of the neighbors in that area had set up multiple check points on there road system, I assume some were armed and the neighborhood got together to protect everyone and each other and the police had to go up there and tell them they weren’t allowed to do that and stop people looking for outsiders but everyone was pissed and was trying to figure out who was up there and who did it . that read that story in the paper yesterday just a lot of weird happenings going on right now

Last edited:
This is so sad. I dont understand but wonder if some people who have been isolated because of the virus and losing their jobs, have literally lost their minds ? I know that is an extreme thing to say, but some of what is going on today defies logic!

I read where someone walked up to a police car and shot two police officers inside the car and then run away. AND THEN, people showed up at the hospital where they were being treated and were saying things like they hoped they die, and that they, whoever "they" are, are going to continue to kill cops, one at a time .

Crazy, crazy times. Virus, hurricanes, wildfires, riots, point blank murder or attempted murders with zero provocation.

I will continue to pray for all of you and your families, that might be in possible, harms way, to remain safe from the hurricanes, wildfires, riots and the "crazies"

@3855WIN, those are tweakers, not antifa. There is nothing political about these fires.

@OregonChris, is there a police report of the incident with your coworker’s family? There seems to be lots of stories like this with no corroboration. Not saying it didn’t happen, but it would like to see evidence—which is what most of these stories are missing.

The internet rumor-milling going on in the absence of objective fact is really dangerous.

The internet rumor-milling going on in the absence of objective fact is really dangerous.
Fear mongering has become our new normal. You don't need facts, just a Facebook friend. Share now, fact check later. We then get vigilante justice like the armed citizen checkpoints, where they have no Constitutional basis for search and seizure. I truly fear for the fabric of our nation.

Fear mongering has become our new normal. You don't need facts, just a Facebook friend. Share now, fact check later. We then get vigilante justice like the armed citizen checkpoints, where they have no Constitutional basis for search and seizure. I truly fear for the fabric of our nation.
This is the most frightening thing happening in our country right now, at least to me. Where do we go from here? Objective truth, and the actual belief in it, has to become important again, or we are screwed.

We should be coming together and loving each other right now, not finding new reasons to further divide.

@3855WIN, those are tweakers, not antifa. There is nothing political about these fires.

@OregonChris, is there a police report of the incident with your coworker’s family? There seems to be lots of stories like this with no corroboration. Not saying it didn’t happen, but it would like to see evidence—which is what most of these stories are missing.

No idea if there’s anything political about fires. But when you have wildfires in the same part of the world where attempts have been made to burn down federal buildings and police precincts, it’s not much of a stretch to think it could also be happening in the countryside.

No idea if there’s anything political about fires. But when you have wildfires in the same part of the world where attempts have been made to burn down federal buildings and police precincts, it’s not much of a stretch to think it could also be happening in the countryside.
Not everything is a conspiracy.

We are 230 miles away from that part of the world. Portland is not all of Oregon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back