Crazy Fire Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
This just got more personal, my daughter lives in Ashland, OR. Stuff is just out of control there and all over the west.
View attachment 153637

We got very lucky here in Ashland. The smoke is absolutely terrible this morning though. The way crud sits in this valley I imagine it will be with us for a while now.

Early reports are that around 600 homes have been lost in Talent and Phoenix.

We got very lucky here in Ashland. The smoke is absolutely terrible this morning though. The way crud sits in this valley I imagine it will be with us for a while now.

Early reports are that around 600 homes have been lost in Talent and Phoenix.

Thank you so much for the update, glad to hear you guys are ok, too.

Driving to work this morning the bald Peak fire just outside of Hillsboro the wind switched yesterday afternoon/evening and is now blowing smoke into the city and it’s filling up the valley now on the northside , visibility is about a quarter mile and then the landscape just fades into thick yellow And whitish smoke
B923861C-88F2-4BA2-908B-CE0975D29351.jpeg

Seems insignificant right now compared to all the human suffering, but here's a short story on the pygmy rabbits in Pearl Hill fire. I've been involved with various aspects of this recovery effort for the last 20 years, sad to see, sometimes feels like these guys and sage-grouse are never going to make it in Washington in the long run.

Yesterday at the end of the day I could still see a mountain ridge that is 17 miles away in WA from my office window in CDA, but it was getting a little hazy. Came in to the office this morning and visibility is <2 miles.

Trying to fly out of Pullman this afternoon. Alaska saying our inbound plane can’t land. 75% it’s gonna cancel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back