Controversial Recipe Ingredients

Some a y'all have bland pallets!

I don't like fennel seed or beets.

I prefer to avoid brussel sprouts and turnips but will eat them (love turnip greens, especially with red beans and rice)

Once thought ketchup and eggs were gross - should have tried them sooner. Ditto for peanut butter and banana or peanut butter and apple.

I can’t stand pickles on a hamburger but in other things it’s no problem for me.
Have to agree with others good guacamole is amazing, pineapple on pizza is ok with jalapeños and bacon,cilantro is great when used properly and ketchup on a hotdog is gross!

This is true. Some poor souls are genetically incapable of appreciating cilantro.
Couple weeks ago we were out of kale and I made myself a salad of just cilantro, is that a gene?

Also fennel bulb salad 🤤

My only beef with IPAs are breweries with a menu like:

IPA
New England IPA
Double IPA
APA
Pale Ale
Pale Ale version 2
Pale Ale version 3

Looking at you... entire state of Montana

You never had Louisiana watermelon. I agree that most I've had elsewhere is tasteless
Those crappy, seedless excuses for watermelon that they haul up here from Mexico aren't suitable to be fed to the hogs. If one were fortunate enough to live where the growing season is long enough to grow one's own melons they would surely be more in favor.

My only beef with IPAs are breweries with a menu like:

IPA
New England IPA
Double IPA
APA
Pale Ale
Pale Ale version 2
Pale Ale version 3

Looking at you... entire state of Montana
That is a problem in more than an MT then! Noticed that around lots of breweries in WA, OR, and even in MN. Why is this necessary?! I can tolerate most IPA’s but prefer most Pale Ales over them. But sheesh! Need some other variety in a flight!

Pineapple,yuck period.No reason to ruin a pizza with it.
Most store fruit these days. Get more flavor out of the boxes they come in.
I won't bring up watermelon as it comes in boxes too now.
Never understood okra...........
Iceberg lettuce is wet filler for the bland.
Would one soak a fish fillet in soy/almond/oat milk before breading? What is up with that junk?
Above is on growing BAD list.

Pinion nuts & green chile on pizza............with cilantro.
Cumin.
Juniper berries in any game meat roast sauce.
Roasted veggies,roots,tubers,anise. Grilled over wood too.
Cooking over a real wood fire outdoors.
These are GOOD.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back