Yeti GOBOX Collection

Controversial Recipe Ingredients

Time to lose some respect (if I had any to begin with).

Cilantro tastes like Palmolive dish soap.

Bell peppers are poison (as in "head to the ER").

Raw/pickled peppers are poison (fully cooked is ok).

Raw onions are not edible.

Mayo has no place in my home, and neither does anyone that brings it into my home.

Ranch is about the same.

Corn doesn't belong in salsa or chili.

McDonald's is neither "food" nor "edible".

IPAs are the worst style of beer, and most places cover up terrible beer with an obscene amount of bittering hops. Guinness is the antithesis of that.

Pineapple goes on pizza. Hot sauce goes on popcorn. Oysters are delicious. Fried chicken gizzards are a delicacy. Frog legs have no equal. Antelope beats venison. Texas brisket beats KC (excluding burnt ends), Memphis has the best ribs.

That's... that's about it...
I dont know if I strongly disagree with you or strongly agree with you more on some of that.

i've heard this associated with a certain gene

have never verified though, but it seems to be a relatively common complaint about cilantro in the population
It is.
IPA is about all I can agree with you on, haha
Well the first three are genetic or some kind of allergy (same with raw onions). But I don't know what it is about a pointlessly extra-bitter ingredient ruining a beer, but I can't stand it.

Very interesting replies from everyone, I'll try most anything once and there certainly are foods I don't seek out.

For me my food 'thingy' is .... if it was originally cooked, eaten hot I don't eat it leftover cold... so yeah no cold pizza for this guy! Gotta heat it up!

While I love eating scallops, the stomachache they create for me (all night!) is not worth it. Fortunately, all other shellfish isn’t a problem for my system.

Cashews used to be a favorite, and I still would eat them handfulls at a time, but the skin rash and eyelid scales (delayed hypersensitivity reaction) might turn into a massive, “where’s the epi-pen?” anaphylactic shock so those are judiciously avoided.

I love beets in all their forms, with sharply pickled being the favorite. kansasdaughter2 says they taste like dirt.

Coffee, tea, chai, iced tea: nope nope nope and nope.

Time to lose some respect (if I had any to begin with).

Cilantro tastes like Palmolive dish soap.

Bell peppers are poison (as in "head to the ER").

Raw/pickled peppers are poison (fully cooked is ok).

Raw onions are not edible.

Mayo has no place in my home, and neither does anyone that brings it into my home.

Ranch is about the same.

Corn doesn't belong in salsa or chili.

McDonald's is neither "food" nor "edible".

IPAs are the worst style of beer, and most places cover up terrible beer with an obscene amount of bittering hops. Guinness is the antithesis of that.

Pineapple goes on pizza. Hot sauce goes on popcorn. Oysters are delicious. Fried chicken gizzards are a delicacy. Frog legs have no equal. Antelope beats venison. Texas brisket beats KC (excluding burnt ends), Memphis has the best ribs.

That's... that's about it...
The lower one third has me thinking we're related

Very interesting replies from everyone, I'll try most anything once and there certainly are foods I don't seek out.

For me my food 'thingy' is .... if it was originally cooked, eaten hot I don't eat it leftover cold... so yeah no cold pizza for this guy! Gotta heat it up!
I’m with you on the hot food. My wife can open fridge and eat slice of pizza 🍕 I can’t even watch that nonsense 😡😡

So down with the sharp cheddar and apple pie. One time, as an ice-breaker on a conference call, we had to explain our favorite part of our Thanksgiving meal. Naturally, I said cheese and pie. Everyone erupted, told me I was a repulsive human and that I should be ashamed of myself.

Turns out, it's an old-world tradition. Most commonly practiced in this country in New England / Pennsylvania / New York. You originally from that region?
Nope. Montana 5 generations. Lol

Rotten soybeans, aka tofu! My wife once ordered the soup special at a hibachi grill we went to, turns out it was a tofu based soup. Just the smell of that across the table had me loosing my lunch.

We ate everything growing up. Raccoon, possum ( don’t try this) and skate wings, lots of octopus and squid. my favorite bachelor recipe? A can of nasty cheap ass chili on top of tator tots, add cheese and onions. Being a fish somewhatMaster, make sure when you eat your lingcod( gods food gift to humans) fry in a cast iron pan and throw a piece of cheddar cheese on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back