Controversial Recipe Ingredients

I like my Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shrimp lol
I had no idea what this was when I read your reply yesterday. Heard about it today and knew it sounded familiar! No thanks, I think that’s more reason to not buy cereal for awhile.

Couple weeks ago we were out of kale and I made myself a salad of just cilantro, is that a gene?

Also fennel bulb salad 🤤

My only beef with IPAs are breweries with a menu like:

IPA
New England IPA
Double IPA
APA
Pale Ale
Pale Ale version 2
Pale Ale version 3

Looking at you... entire state of Montana

You forgot:
West Coast IPA
Imperial IPA
Red IPA
Rye IPA
Rye Pale Ale
Hazy IPA
Blood Orange IPA
English IPA
Session IPA
Black IPA

A college staple used to be pepperoni and green chili pizza. So good. Never see those on the menu outside the southwest.

it's on the papa john's specials menu in colorado. don't know about other states. but many a pizza joint have this on the menu round here. and if they don't, probably shouldn't buy pizza from them 😁

505 hatch jarred green chile though? .... bleh

1616766712815.png

Last edited:
i don't like "fall off the bone" ribs. they're just over cooked. they are. i can't believe how long some of my friends smoke their ribs....

you gotta leave the right amount of pull, chew, and moisture. that's what makes real ribs.
Why are all the rib sauces in the world so sweet? Give me hot and dry, please

Why are all the rib sauces in the world so sweet? Give me hot and dry, please

stubb's is my favorite to get a balance of not so much sweet and lots o flavor.

i'm sure there are sooo many other good ones too

but speaking of "sauces" that suck: does anyone in the world actually like vinaigrette? or do people only like it because it feels like you're doing your body a favor over eating ranch or blue cheese?

I actually like some vinaigrette (typically make my own with a combo of either red wine or champagne) but am Gaga for a GOOD blue cheese!!
Was never much of a ranch dressing guy, esp like my one daughter who thinks pizza is just a spoon for getting ranch in your mouth 😖

bananas are nasty; i thought I just didnt like them when I was a kid, but then my kids and wife told me I need to try them again (since we also harp the kids to try new foods), nope still do not like them..

I dont mind vineaigrette:)

Cilantro - how do you have ANY Mexican food without it?

Onions - a burger without fresh onion, really?

Pineapple and jalapeños on pizza, yes please.

The only purpose for ketchup is to mix with Mayo to make fry sauce.

Fresh sliced tomatoes with a little salt and cracked pepper are divine.

How in the word do you thicken gumbo without okra? Seriously.

Ribs should pull off the bone, not fall.

Watermelon (cold) after a hot mountain bike ride is wonderful.

Fresh apples are awesome.

The best green salads have fresh red onion, chopped olives, chopped bell peppers, blue cheese and vinaigrette dressing.

Curried chukar legs are fantastic.

Liver? Hardly worth feeding to the dogs.....

deep fried chicken gizzards and livers are guilty pleasures that aren't readily available in SW MT. I saw some at the grocery store when I was home for Christmas but sadly I didn't get to partake. My grandma had a breading recipe that was out of this world. She didn't write it down and, in her eyes, as a boy I was not allowed in the kitchen to help so I'm not sure what she used...for all I know it was a packaged mix.

I'll eat just about anything....except raisins. I will actively pick them out of anything.

Also...I love cheese but keep that yellow stuff off of tacos.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back