Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado Draw Extended

I just think it is funny how this was portrayed, and perceived to be "for the hunter", when it is more like a "night drop box" at the bank, with a large "handling fee" applied the next morning when they open.

More likely a .270 built before 98' shooting core-lokt bullets.

I see you've hunted eastern Canada before, but you spelled 30-06 wrong and forgot to mention that buddy's been using the same box of 20 rds since he last "sighted in" his rifle at 20 yards using an old pizza box with a paper plate sized 3 round group, 10 years ago.

I see you've hunted eastern Canada before, but you spelled 30-06 wrong and forgot to mention that buddy's been using the same box of 20 rds since he last "sighted in" his rifle at 20 yards using an old pizza box with a paper plate sized 3 round group, 10 years ago.
Ah, more proof that rural Eastern Canada and the Deep South are basically the same place.

I think too much is being read into this. The system crashed when 20% of the volume is used. Even though it has been open for a few months it is human nature to prolong having to pay anything. Similarities for income taxes. While you have been able to file since February, so many wait until April 15th or in this case May 17th to file. Why? The system crashed and to make it fair, they extended to accommodate. Right move by CPW.

Could you add a plank about fixing bear tags, please and thank you.
That’s an easy plank but probably a different thread.

Literally...
Only on HT would a thread about shitty state game department IT also include historical facts about the Acadian people and the 7 years war. Excellent work, fellas.

What makes no sense is why they extended it 3 more days! For everyone who couldn’t apply in the last few hours I doubt they need 3 days to apply. Give them another 24 hours and that’s it.

I'm going to use this as an example if I need to extend legal shooting light and maybe a few hunting seasons by a couple extra days if I can't get a tag filled on time. :D

What makes no sense is why they extended it 3 more days! For everyone who couldn’t apply in the last few hours I doubt they need 3 days to apply. Give them another 24 hours and that’s it.
They would have just created the same issue yesterday. If volume is exposing software 'bugs' that result in blocked/failed transactions, the only way forward in a short timeframe is to try and spread said volume out. Same thing during Black Friday events at online retailers in recent past. Sales get extended in the hopes that people spread their activity out. Hell - look at what happened with AZ draws just last month and how long that took to sort out.

But I imagine a not-insignificant number of people will still wait until Friday...

They would have just created the same issue yesterday. If volume is exposing software 'bugs' that result in blocked/failed transactions, the only way forward in a short timeframe is to try and spread said volume out. Same thing during Black Friday events at online retailers in recent past. Sales get extended in the hopes that people spread their activity out. Hell - look at what happened with AZ draws just last month and how long that took to sort out.

But I imagine a not-insignificant number of people will still wait until Friday...
I understand they have to spread it out but everyone who didn’t make it in the 6th due to issues can’t be the whole 20% of last day applicants. They would have all day to apply again but as stated they probably would still wait until the last hour again.

What’s going to be even more of a surprise is all the posts after the original draw date from people stating the unit and number of points they applied with. I’m sure many people are going to be editing their apps these next few days now.

What’s going to be even more of a surprise is all the posts after the original draw date from people stating the unit and number of points they applied with. I’m sure many people are going to be editing their apps these next few days now.
Ha, didn't even think of that.

Already from the available data it looks like this was a good year to burn pronghorn points in CO. If I had six or so points and hadn't applied I'd probably go back and modify that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back