Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado Draw Extended

Ha, didn't even think of that.

Already from the available data it looks like this was a good year to burn pronghorn points in CO. If I had six or so points and hadn't applied I'd probably go back and modify that.
Yeah I burned mine... should be a shoe in but I don't think I will draw.

What’s going to be even more of a surprise is all the posts after the original draw date from people stating the unit and number of points they applied with. I’m sure many people are going to be editing their apps these next few days now.
Agreed that’s probably going to be an unintended result of the extension (and the only valid reasoning I’ve heard to be miffed @ CPW for extending - but let’s face it, social media trends and behavioral results of same are WAY down the list on their IT punchlist)

I hope (but doubt) that people that applied successfully are standing pat (I built an elaborate excel model to choose my sheep unit but it was a tie and I regretted it, but I’m not changing it because I hope to not have to use the CPW website again until August) but I imagine there are a lot of people modifying apps that otherwise wouldn’t have.

What's wrong with bear tags in CO? I have a few questions about bear tags/hunting in CO, would like to hear what you're alluding to.
It's my known pet peeve... overly complicated system generally speaking.

Should you buy a bear tag?

Depends on where you are hunting...

1617914476703.png
1617914491433.png

View attachment 180006
View attachment 180007
I see. I have seen your post with this map somewhere else here on HT. I'll be an early investor in BroHunt... but seriously, interesting stuff.

I've been on a personal mission lately to determine why most units they seemingly can't give the tags away, then there are like a half dozen that take five or ten points? I feel like I'm the only person who's clueless as to why that is. Suppose I should check harvest % though, might help explain.

What does that red strip coincide with in unit 51? Just the edge of the foothills?

View attachment 180006
View attachment 180007

What does that red strip coincide with in unit 51? Just the edge of the foothills?

It's the fall bear concentration area layer. Essentially in my map I took the total bears killed in a unit, then intersected it to the fall concentration area. Basically saying most bears killed in any give unit were killed in the fall concentration area. Then I divided number of bears killed by total area of the fall concentration area in that unit.

So the color coding is bears per acre in fall concentration areas. The grey is the bear range layer. The breaks and my methodology are bit arbitrary hence the silly labels.

But as @Dinkshooter alluded to bears roam a great deal so you could run into one anywhere in the state.

Science...ish... anecdotally it's spot on with n=1
1617920093326.png

I've been on a personal mission lately to determine why most units they seemingly can't give the tags away, then there are like a half dozen that take five or ten points? I feel like I'm the only person who's clueless as to why that is. Suppose I should check harvest % though, might help explain.
1 SWA
2 Private Ranches

Non-residents can't draw Ranching for Wildlife... so basically 847 NR are vying for 1 SWA in CO... they get 1 tag a year.

... but yea keep buying bear points :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, save your money and pm @SaskHunter and I'm sure he can help you figure out a better way to kill a bear.

BE851XXXX - Bosque del OSO SWA
BE085W1R- Twin Peaks Ranch
2020-1 Sow
2019-2 Sow
2018-2 Boar
2017-0
2016-2 Sow
2015-1 Boar
2014-0
2013-1 Boar, 1 Sow
2012-0
2011-0
BE011W1R - Buffalo Horn Ranch
2020-0
2019-0
2018-0
2017-0
2016-0
2015-0
2014-1 Boar
2013-1 Sow
2012-1 Sow
2011-0

1617921218368.png
1617921261961.png

View attachment 180006
View attachment 180007
Interesting I live in a purple area and haven't seen a bear in 2 years. I always have B list bear tag so that must prove they are good as bear repellant.

Qualifier my map is mostly for September, and I bet the purple means 5-10% success in that specific area.

So we decide to cater to the people that waited until the last minute and couldn’t get in? That’s their own problem. It’s a deadline...if hunting is the priority then people should be able to meet it.
They’re owed all the way up to the deadline. If the CO site crashes before the deadline hits, it’s only right that they extend it. The deadline was 8pm, not “whatever time our website crashes”.

I was checking out when it crashed on me. It had been painfully slow the whole time. Yes it was last minute. Between being self-employed, wrangling a 2yr old and trying not to burden a pregnant wife, I was convinced that the app deadline was the 9th even though I had checked it repeatedly. It was only checking emails that day that I noticed the deadline was actually the 6th. I had picked hunt codes quite a bit earlier, but still wanted to do more research before I made things final. I had things in my cart and was doing last minute research on GoHunt plus asking a fellow HuntTalker before pulling the trigger. I was satisfied with my choices and in the checkout process when the site crashed. Could I have done all that a day or two before? Sure. Is it my fault that I had the wrong date in mind? Yep. Did I fail to meet the deadline? Nope. There I was, seconds away from completing my application before the deadline, and the site crashed.

Two years ago, I got in on AZ in time. A similar circumstance occurred. AZ extended the deadline, and at the time, I said it was the right thing to do, even though I was already in.

Last edited:
What makes no sense is why they extended it 3 more days! For everyone who couldn’t apply in the last few hours I doubt they need 3 days to apply. Give them another 24 hours and that’s it.
Its all about that money. They are raking in the cash with this draw, and didn't want it to stop. I am surprised they didn't extend it a week or two.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back