Bear tags, getcha bear tags

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
I intend to get my share of bear tags and fill them like I do every year to help with the problem in our area. I had 2 different ones open my garage door and go in for no other reason than they thought there was food in there from being in other peoples garages with trash etc inside. Get tags and blast away folks they’re a problem.

I plan on applying for a tag this year during my first rifle hunt. Can’t wait. Would be happy to just see one.

It seems like I've got it hammered into my head hunting other states that you ought to try and pass on sows and look for a mature boar, in the name of "conservation."

I'm curious about you Colorado hunters' opinions are on shooting sows and immature boars in these areas. My thought is at $100 per tag, with the ability to buy multiples, and with a supposed overpopulation, that any bear 4' and up could be taken in the name of "conservation."

I bought a bear tag last year on my Colorado deer hunt, saw a pretty one but not in a position I could get to.

It seems like I've got it hammered into my head hunting other states that you ought to try and pass on sows and look for a mature boar, in the name of "conservation."

I'm curious about you Colorado hunters' opinions are on shooting sows and immature boars in these areas. My thought is at $100 per tag, with the ability to buy multiples, and with a supposed overpopulation, that any bear 4' and up could be taken in the name of "conservation."

I bought a bear tag last year on my Colorado deer hunt, saw a pretty one but not in a position I could get to.

.... bespoke merkin?

I think if it doesn’t have cubs and you feel good about it! More bear meat for the freezer! Here’s to hoping I actually see a bear during my elk or deer season. Don’t have the time this year to just hunt for bear. Seems like I only see them when I don’t have a valid tag.

I’ll kill a legal bear regardless of sex like a paid assassin.

This is where im at in wa. Way too many bears. Best way to knock down the population is to kill the sows. Theyre the cub factories afterall, and boars kill cubs. I take whatever bears give me the shot, but prefer sows.

Last edited:
Bears that have been feeding on gut piles or fish taste horrible. No matter how old or what sex they are.

Try to find one feeding on berries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back