CNFR in Casper

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
They sure have a solid team.
Back when I didn't know what I didn't know (1991) , I met the rodeo coach at MSU. He informed me that I did not possess the credentials necessary to be a part of his team, shortly after he introduced me to Dan Mortensen.

Hall of Fame​

DAN MORTENSEN​

• CLASS 1991
  • INDUCTION 2004
  • SPORT(S) Rodeo

Dan Mortensen Men’s Rodeo, 1989-91
Years at MSU: 1989-91
Honors Earned: 1991 CNFR Saddle Bronc Champion, Six-time World Saddle Bronc Champion
Hometown: Livonia, MI

“Dan is right there with the very best that have ever gone through this place. I was always impressed with his sense of organization and purpose. He was just a guy who was, in his private life and his rodeo life, on top of things.” –Chuck Karnop Dan Mortensen rode into Bozeman as a rodeo star, and left as a rodeo legend. And in the years since, he’s become something a lot more. Mortensen came to MSU from Billings, via Northwest Community College in Powell, Wyo., where he was a standout bronc rider. At Montana State, Mortensen led the Bobcats to a CNFR title, and won the 1991 saddle bronc championship. Mortensen’s professional rodeo cowboy career began during his days as a Bobcat, and he was named the pro rodeo circuit’s rookie of the year in 1990, and has won six world championships in saddle bronc riding, his primary event. Mortensen won titles in 1993, ’94, ’95, ’97, ’98, and 2003. In 1997, Mortensen took on an additional event, bull riding and was rewarded with the rodeo world’s top honor. Mortensen won the all-around title. This year, Mortensen is chasing his seventh saddle bronc title, which would be the most ever won in that event. Mortensen remains at the peak of his professional career, and is destined to be remembered as one of the great rodeo cowboys of all time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back