Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana corner crossing (ish?)

If they have pictures of him walking around on actual ranch property, then he trespassed and corner crossing will be moot
Yes, from what I have read and learned so far, it seems his trespass case challenging "corner crossing" access issue may do more harm than good in trying to open that public access opportunity going forward.

I'll caveat with the fact that again, I'm only representing myself and my own opinions here, not that of any organization, nor are my comments meant to be taken as legal opinions. Just the opinion of a guy on the internet.

That said: I would not be surprised in the slightest if the AG was specifically looking for a "sloppy" case to try to put a nail in corner crossing and raise it when it shouldn't be raised in the first place; and also support the longstanding argument that mapping apps are not allowable evidence to disprove trespassing. The legislature tried to do that this past session.

Everything detailed in the article is just alleged and has not been proved by a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, including allegations that their cameras captured him on private land. Remember: the position of landowners such as this is that even when someone is crossing on a perfect corner, they are on private land.

It also sounds like the ranch manager has a bone to pick with the public (in some ways, that distrust is valid, given the OK Corral incident on Block Management from a few years back).

The AG almost never gets involved in misdemeanor cases. Take that for what it is worth.

Small world. This is my neighbors brother. I didn’t know anything about this until I saw the link on here. I will only say that there is A LOT more to this case than what the article says. Reading the article it seems open and shut trespass case, but when was the last time a simple trespass case like that went to jury trial?

Time will tell.

ccording to the affidavit, Fish, Wildlife & Parks warden Sgt. Justin Hawkaluk received a call on Oct. 3, 2021, from the then-manager of the G/T Ranch, Jeff Brozovich, who reported someone was “possibly trespassing and hunting on G/T Ranch property.”
Holy Crap, the ranch manager is Broz of LongRangeOnly (and LongRangeHunting and rokslide) forum fame.

Last edited:
I'll caveat with the fact that again, I'm only representing myself and my own opinions here, not that of any organization, nor are my comments meant to be taken as legal opinions. Just the opinion of a guy on the internet.

That said: I would not be surprised in the slightest if the AG was specifically looking for a "sloppy" case to try to put a nail in corner crossing and raise it when it shouldn't be raised in the first place; and also support the longstanding argument that mapping apps are not allowable evidence to disprove trespassing. The legislature tried to do that this past session.

Everything detailed in the article is just alleged and has not been proved by a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, including allegations that their cameras captured him on private land. Remember: the position of landowners such as this is that even when someone is crossing on a perfect corner, they are on private land.

It also sounds like the ranch manager has a bone to pick with the public (in some ways, that distrust is valid, given the OK Corral incident on Block Management from a few years back).

The AG almost never gets involved in misdemeanor cases. Take that for what it is worth.
Yeah Austen doesn't take a leak without having a purpose behind it. Everything is a calculated reason. We need to get that guy out of here next election.

I am pretty sure FWP funds a special AG prosecutor for fish and game cases. It was that way years ago.

Back