Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Clintons plan for public lands

Status
Not open for further replies.
"
I thought for sure this horse had been beat to deaf by now.

We have a new twist, the R's who want to transfer federal land to the state have teamed up with the D's who want our guns. Now the end game is to take away the public land and sell it to private folks so we can't hunt and don't need guns.

The perfect plan.

"

We have a new twist, the R's who want to transfer federal land to the state have teamed up with the D's who want our guns. Now the end game is to take away the public land and sell it to private folks so we can't hunt and don't need guns.

The perfect plan.

The man behind the curtain is neither R or D. R and D are merely tools toward his ends.

"

The perfect plan.
And have us all eating tacos. Don't forget that.

I can't help but agree more with the accusation of Obama being the most racist leader/candidate in recent history. I'm a recently retired LEO, and in all of my career, I have never seen such unrest between whites and blacks. Obama stepped in and rattled the hornets nest with stunt after stunt of sticking his own incredibly bias nose where it didn't belong. Now in turn, we have more conflicts then ever before in my career. That president has done more damage to the hunting shooting community then most you "backers" apparently realize.

That dang-blasted Obama has ruined it for cops being able to shoot black kids without some sort of protest taking place. Sure need someone to Make America Great Again.....

That dang-blasted Obama has ruined it for cops being able to shoot black kids without some sort of protest taking place. Sure need someone to Make America Great Again.....

I know, right? Used call them "uppity" back in the day. Good'uns would know their place. Get a little push-back and all of a sudden they are setting back race relations. Things was good in the 50s.

Must be the reason all his and clintons serve and protect officers carry thank you notes instead of sigs?

Must be the reason all his and clintons serve and protect officers carry thank you notes instead of sigs?

Theirs serve and protect them from us. Ours are supposed to serve and protect us. Most do, but some serve and protect themselves. Sometimes we we need to serve and protect ourselves from them.

I might add that if you want to find out who is not being served or protected, just look for thems whats doin' most of the dyin'. Personally, I think the NRA should be in there training those folks up, but they might be to uppity for the NRA's taste. If they did, though, there would be fewer innocent folks getting hit.

So, there are ~1.1 million state and local police in the US. On average, ~150 LEOs are killed in the line of duty each year. It seems like the max for people killed by police is ~1100 in a year (not sure how reliable this is, It comes from a data base kept by the UK Guardian newspaper, but it is the highest number I saw). Their rates per million of 2.92 for "white" people, 7.2 for "black", and 3.5 for "hispanic/latino", 1.34 for "Asian/Pacific Islander", and 3.4 for "Native American".

So about .1% of police officers kill someone during a given year. All I can find is anecdotal information of which of these killings are unjustified, but it is likely a small percentage.

So police are being killed doing their job, and citizens are being killed, in most instances, because they pose a threat to other citizens or the police (which they chose to do). I have not seen any instance where a police officer has not been held accountable if they committed misconduct.

I agree there is a problem, but I think it starts with why so many young men find themselves on the wrong end of the law, and what their response is when confronted by police. Fixing that social dynamic seems like a good place to start.

I think both sides are responsible for the relationship between the police and who they protect.

I know, right? Used call them "uppity" back in the day. Good'uns would know their place. Get a little push-back and all of a sudden they are setting back race relations. Things was good in the 50s.

That's where that idiot trump wants to take us.

Take-America-Back.jpg

I have not seen any instance where a police officer has not been held accountable if they committed misconduct.

I think there is a disparity in the accountability. Losing a job, getting a desk job, getting a demotion, a reprimand in a personnel file does not compare to what happens if your average Joe commits the exact same action: hard time in jail. Plus, having the city/state/feds insurance company pay out millions to a victim doesn't really "criminalize" a criminal act. It's more of a civil thing. I think we are starting to see some chinks in the Blue Wall and some guys are getting criminally prosecuted, but I also think that is a new thing that has occurred, at least in part, as a result of the uppity push-back we are starting to see, along with the media attention, shifting demographics and increases in minority populations compared to the old white majority.

I agree we should be trying to figure out the sociology of the matter. To me it seems a lack of good role models, lack of honest peer alternatives, and the inability to see a way out. I always wondered why a guy under threat of gang violence just didn't put out his thumb, go out west and start over bucking bales and whatnot. But I guess it is hard for some folks to leave their families and all they know. Never been a problem for me, but I wasn't raised with the idea that the world was out to get me and that I could never get ahead no matter what. Also, I wasn't a minority heading out into a majority world.

LOL carnage....that was funny.

james, We will never figure out the sociology of the matter. "They" do not think like "us"....it does not make them wrong, just hinders their ability to assimilate into "our" society. I am beginning to wonder why I have assimilated into "our society" when I hear what Hillary and Bernie's visions are for crippling America further.

LOL carnage....that was funny.

james, We will never figure out the sociology of the matter. "They" do not think like "us"....it does not make them wrong, just hinders their ability to assimilate into "our" society. I am beginning to wonder why I have assimilated into "our society" when I hear what Hillary and Bernie's visions are for crippling America further.

We'll all be wondering that when it is no longer "our" society. It is becoming "their" society. We should take a lesson from horse people when it comes to training ourselves and training others. Then it becomes "our" society again, it still has spirit, and all of us are in it. Unfortunately, it's quicker to break a horse hard and Americans like things quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back