Catch All Fishing Thread

Couldn't find anyone that isn't a serial killer to come from Midwest bear hunting in WY so did next best thing and went to walleye capital of the world and caught a bunch and two fish ohio with my son and daughter. Even stopped in to check out the walleye festival in Port Clinton and get a perch basket. My son goes for the perch fillers and stays for the taps on his line. Was really choppy 4-5 foot waves but fish hit good with the lure action.20240527_104703.jpg20240526_124443.jpg20240526_195240.jpg

Took the new boat on its first camping trip. Weather was rough the first day but we still got out for a few hours and caught a dozen or so. Monday was great though.

View attachment 327811

View attachment 327810
Some bad ass fish there. Congrats!
What did you get for a boat?
I'm semi in the mode of adding a bigger boat. Always good to hear about other people's boats.
Come to think about it, that would be a good thread.

Periodical cicadas in southern Illinois. Phenomenal fly fishing for warmwater species. Multiple doubles, 100+ fish days. Hope to go chase trout in a couple weeks. Been waiting 13 years for this to come back around, and it has not disappointed.

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg
IMG_3842.jpeg

It's been almost a year since we've gotten the kayaks out and gone fishing, but we finally made the time. I wasn't expecting much, we went to a nearby pond where we haven't had a ton of luck in the past. I ended up catching a handful of nice, chonky largemouth, with a bonus smallmouth thrown in for good measure. The surprise catch of the day, though, was a 19" walleye that my wife hauled in on her ultralight gear. It felt great to get back out on the water.

chonker.jpg

Hit the high country this weekend and things were still 85%+ iced up, but the edges were open. Took some work on the technique, as the fish were deeper and not cruising the edges. Slow presentation was the ticket to a bunch of rainbows and tiger trout. It's just going to keep getting better.

View attachment 329301

View attachment 329302
Why weren't you ice fishing! Dang that would be cool to say you ice fished in june

For the most part pretty bad around here. My favorite spot Clarno on the John Day River. water just to high and fast to fish. Been down several times and have to be careful or I'm gonna kill myself getting near enough to fish. Would love to go to Brownlee but good four hr drive and I have four dogs to worry about. Prineville Revivor finally getting back into shape after being drained last year. Same with Ochoco Res and Hatstack Res. All three got drained last fall. Haystack pretty dry and the other two nothing but a stream running through. Not one channel cat so far this year! Then my son got permission to fish a ranch irrigation pond near Madras and just full of bullheads. Went two time and caught a bunch of them and biggest bullheads I ever saw, up to just under 16" and averaging about 14". Now my son is afraid of over fishing it so laying back. so much for fish in Central Ore! No idea how trout are doing, haven't fished for them on years. Bass are supposed to be doing pretty good I hear but I seldom fish for them either. I like Channel Cats and Crappie!

The skill involved is in being able to remove your hand from said box with all of the appendages still attached.
It does take some skill to keep from getting hurt. It is pretty hard to go under water and reach into a box hoping that a fish will bite your hand.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagrimes1
Back