Catch All Fishing Thread

I was out 7 of the last 9 days with the raft in MT. We floated ~80 miles and caught ~150 fish, some rivers fished great, some only good, some not so good. Gotta get it in before low water cancels you for the year.
Water levels and temps are looking bleak for a lot of the state.

What's this "fishing" you speak of???
Haven't dropped a line in the water for serious fishing day in 15 plus years. Made a few casts from shore two years ago. I found my pops fly rod after he passed. Maybe it's a good time to make time.

Water levels and temps are looking bleak for a lot of the state.
Flathead Lake is low and still dropping. Boats being pulled from marinas early, theres talk about boating events being canceled, haven't heard a fishing report on the Lake Trout, perch, or the smallies.

Had this little 10" trout smack a crankbait when I was fishing for bass and walleye. This is mostly a warm water lake but he evidently got flushed down the Pecos in the runoff, I think this is the 4th trout I've caught here in last 15 years. But from the teeth marks it looks like he was almost a meal for a large walleye!20230710_193036.jpg

Had this little 10" trout smack a crankbait when I was fishing for bass and walleye. This is mostly a warm water lake but he evidently got flushed down the Pecos in the runoff, I think this is the 4th trout I've caught here in last 15 years. But from the teeth marks it looks like he was almost a meal for a large walleye!View attachment 283700
I want the walleye that thinks a sporty 10 inch bait is supper

Flathead Lake is low and still dropping. Boats being pulled from marinas early, theres talk about boating events being canceled, haven't heard a fishing report on the Lake Trout, perch, or the smallies.
Have you ever caught many smallmouth in Flathead? It would be fun to try fishing for them.

Have you ever caught many smallmouth in Flathead? It would be fun to try fishing for them.
I haven't dropped a line in the Flathead in a looooong time. I didn't think they were in the lake until I heard some folks talking about them. I knew they were in the Flathead River. If you're interested give Zimmer Tackle a call. The call him the Mack Man. He's forgotten more about fishing in the lake than lots of folks know IMO. Wealth of knowledge.
I'm guessing with the levels dropping they are gonna start coming up.

I haven't dropped a line in the Flathead in a looooong time. I didn't think they were in the lake until I heard some folks talking about them. I knew they were in the Flathead River. If you're interested give Zimmer Tackle a call. The call him the Mack Man. He's forgotten more about fishing in the lake than lots of folks know IMO. Wealth of knowledge.
I'm guessing with the levels dropping they are gonna start coming up.
Can’t confirm, but those Flathead whitefish are supposed to be extra tasty when they’re smoked.

Struggled hard with the reds this vacation. Just couldn't seem to catch them like I used to, no matter what I did. Didn't fish last year, musta been rusty. Leaking waders didn't make my job any easier either.

Went out on an unplanned saltwater trip and absolutely slayed silvers though. Unreal how little time it took to limit out the boat. Made up for my failures on the Russian and then some.4f7e00c9-3a72-47d5-8f6e-0c02c83e22bc.jpeg

Alright ND man, elaborate! Remember, our season doesn't start until mid May!

Also, add another 120-150 to that number. Fishing has been pretty good!
I'm happy for ya dude. Just giving ya a hard time. We're spoiled in ND when it comes to walleye, that's for sure.

I'm happy for ya dude. Just giving ya a hard time. We're spoiled in ND when it comes to walleye, that's for sure.
Yes. I went to college in Moorhead and have spent my fair share of time on Devils, and Sakakawea. I will say, it's not nearly as rewarding to have a 50 fish morning out there as it is around here!!! Now if I go to mille lacs or lake of the woods, it's a lot more, but anyone can catch fish those places! Nothing beats catching fish where no one else can!

Struggled hard with the reds this vacation. Just couldn't seem to catch them like I used to, no matter what I did. Didn't fish last year, musta been rusty. Leaking waders didn't make my job any easier either.

Went out on an unplanned saltwater trip and absolutely slayed silvers though. Unreal how little time it took to limit out the boat. Made up for my failures on the Russian and then some.View attachment 283882

Catching silvers in the salt water was my favorite fishing. Didn't take much skill but it was sure fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back