Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CA Bobcat Mount

BOHNTR

Looks like my 2010 archery bobcat is done, as the taxidermist sent me photos of my bobcat mount. Cats are difficult to re-create for many taxidermist, so I did a little checking around and found a taxidermist down in El Centro (Breck Dickinson) that has a reputation for doing good cat work. Thought I'd share some photos of the work to get some feedback from you guys. I know there's some folks on here who know what to look for...

I had this pose completed so I could see the spots on it's stomach.......never seen so many on a bobcat that looked so beautiful.

Goodale11-10174.jpg

RoysBobcat003-25.jpg

RoysBobcat005-25.jpg

Looks great! I hear cats are some of the hardest critters to get the face detail right.Id say your taxi nailed it

Good lookin cat. My biggest problem with most bobcat mounts is the face and eyes and your taxidermist did a great job. Nice addition for the cave. Very nice spots.

I tried to shoot one a couple years ago with my bow but I made the mistake of stopping him and that cat flattened out when I released and shot right over him.

Very nice. Would love to see a straight on shot or two of his face. I got a female with the muzzleloader this year - she's in the freezer.

That is a really cool mount. How did the hunt go? I assume you called him in. Did you use a blind so you could get your bow drawn back?

I have tried hunting them several times in Minnesota with a bow and a gun. The one time I had a cat give me a shot, I had my bow, and when I drew back I was busted. I have used a hen turkey decoy and call a couple of times and have had some luck.

I'd be curious to see how it looks face on too. From that angle though, it looks great, and I'd assume that's how you'll be looking at it in your trophy room. He did an awesome job of making it look like the cat's moving.

Great looking mount. It is so important to go with a good CAT taxidermist for cats.

As pointed out, the face and eyes on many cat mounts just don't look right, but from the looks of those photos you sent your cat to the right guy, looks great. Congratulations!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back