CA Bobcat Mount

Very nice job. I took one to a taxi a half dozen years ago. I gave him all the measurements from the field. He scoffed at me when I did. It was a big cat. Long story short he ordered a small form, and then had to add to it. He rolled the hid in the flanks to fit the form. A large headed Tom on a small head looks bad. Live and learn.

You picked a winner for your awesome trophy! Congrats!

That is a great shot. I have to say that I think the quail is a better mount than the cat ( at least regarding the face). Overall it is an excellent trophy. Cat faces are really difficult for most taxidermists for some reason. I have a double mount of a small female and a large male that I trapped near my house in '05. A taxidermist gave me a good deal because he wanted one for a show. The cats are pretty good, but there is still something about the face on the big one that I really don't care for. I don't know why they have such a hard time getting the faces right, but I know I sure couldn't do it any better!

That California quail is plain awesome!

Have to agree with Oak. Sooo important to go with a *cat man*, er person to be PC. Gaack! My gram used to do birds, one of which I think is still at the IDFG office..

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back