Bucket list.....

Where to start? Like Big Fin, landscapes factor in to a lot of my bucket list hunts. People I enjoy being around factor in highly as well.
Dream hunts that probably won’t happen.
Yukon Stone sheep.
Ibex and Maral Stag in Mongolia or Khazakstan.
Bucket list hunts that have a good to great chance of happening- DIY Alaska moose and caribou.
Alberta archery mule deer
New Zealand Tahr, chamois, and red stag. Free range DIY
2022 Huntalk Bear Hunt. Just to eat jalepeno poppers and @JohnCushman’s chorizo breakfast burritos, pick ticks and listen to hunting lies.

I must not be as adventurous as some of you guys but I’m hoping to start working on this list soon…

Black bear - POW would be awesome but that’s for later
Antelope
Elk
Yukon moose
Bison - if we’re dreaming then you need to do it with a Sharps

Most of the African stuff doesn’t appeal to me but I could be talked into a trip for Cape buffalo

I must not be as adventurous as some of you guys but I’m hoping to start working on this list soon…

Black bear - POW would be awesome but that’s for later
Antelope
Elk
Yukon moose
Bison - if we’re dreaming then you need to do it with a Sharps

Most of the African stuff doesn’t appeal to me but I could be talked into a trip for Cape buffalo

You don't need wild dreams to be happy. Hunting pronghorns was a dream of mine. I've shot several now and still dream of my next hunts.

Several animals on your list are "easier" to get to hunt. Life's short, work towards making some of those hunts a reality.

Goat or sheep, I guess.

Wait, I put some thought into it. A good minutes worth.

A couple bucket list hunts that I could never do:

A highland moor - Sutherland or Caitness - or, preferably, an Irish moor in Mayo for red grouse with my own falcon(s) and dog(s).
The Kazahk or Russian steppe for hungarian partridge with my own falcon(s) and dog(s) from the saddle of a steppe pony. Id borrow the pony. Bonus if Golden Altai were visible in the distance.

Would really surprise myself if I can tag a Shiras and an Alaska-Yukon moose to fill out my moose slam, but a bighorn sheep hunt would win over both of those I think. Just below that and likely a more reachable quest is Sitka blacktails on Kodiak. And on the small game side, I want to go after sage grouse.

Dreaming huge... It would be Alaska for at least a month. I’d start with Kodiak brown bear, then head to the mainland for moose, and then up for dall sheep.

I have to add one important species - wolf! I would absolutely love to get one.

If anyone wants to drag a fellow HuntTalker with sometime or point him in the right direction, I would be game.

I doubt I will live long enough to be able to hunt them legally in CO!

I have to add one important species - wolf! I would absolutely love to get one.

If anyone wants to drag a fellow HuntTalker with sometime or point him in the right direction, I would be game.

I doubt I will live long enough to be able to hunt them legally in CO!
I've seen wolves on POW Alaska and would have gladly used my bear tag on one if the season was open on them but it wasn't at that time.
I've seen lots of wolf tracks around Cold Bay Alaska and in that unit there is no closed season and no tag required even for non-residents. I want to pursue them but at this point I only have time to hunt Alaska once a year. Kodiak, Nelson Lagoon, and the Haul Road are at the top of my list.

Never have had a bucket list and I've exceeded any expectations I ever had hunting wise, by a landslide. I've enjoyed some more than I thought I would, some I didn't find as rewarding as I thought they would be.

Some I would like to pursue if I get the chance, caribou, grizzly, stone sheep, Columbia Blacktail, Canada moose.

Back