Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bucket list.....

I think the desire came from learning that the Kodiak brown bear is the largest land carnivore in the world.
But my "bucket list" would be a hunt on Kodiak Island for a Kodiak Brown bear.

I never thought I'd ever make it to Kodiak Island, much less hunt a bear....BUT...I have been to Kodiak fishing.
Far out and groovy!
Saw whales, sea otters, sea lions and bald eagles, but no bears or deer.
I've seen Afognak Island, but never set foot on it.
I got to go to Chiniak, AK and to the "End of the Road" restaurant ... at the end of the Chiniak Highway.

Mule deer in Mt, otc. Not money or tag stopping me. I want to pack in to a place I have been putting off for a few years and hunt for a couple weeks. Second would be mtn. goat with my son local. I would rather he had the tag.

Another hunt I'd love to do, which I could if I was better with my finances and savings, would be an Alaskan black bear from a yacht towing a dingy looking for bears from the inlet while fishing and eating gormet food and taking showers.
Gourmet food from a yacht off Alaskan coast edibles via Chef Cushman?

I suggest this be spun around... Bucket list offer to chef in exchange for Alaskan coastal brown bear hunt...

My bucket list only consist of real possibilities within financial means and draw hunts.
Sheep are possible in a draw but unlikely.
I want a diy King Eider, Pacific Eider, and Cackler to finish out my North American Waterfowl slam DIY.
Sitka Blacktail, Caribou, Moose, Wolf.

Attainable things that haven’t happened yet: 350+ bull elk, 180+ mulie, B&C pronghorn. I’ve missed a 350 plus bull in hell’s canyon and would like redemption anywhere. Attainable but not likely in my lifetime: Bighorn sheep above all else, any grizzly bear, and a safari in Africa like the old ones where you live in tents and set out for the bush with 2 months until you return to civilization, and license for whatever you might come across, kinda like Ruark did it.

After some more thinking 2 more to add that I know I probably will never draw because I wouldn’t wait that long to
Build enough points and definitely don’t have the luck in the random or bonus point draws would be a either a late season mule deer or elk hunt that’s considered a migration hunt with very limited tags where you have the opportunity to see just a ton of animals im Thinking something along the lines of @Big Fin late season Wyoming mule deer hunt a couple years ago or the tag that Uncle Larry had when he shot the wrong bull.

that would be one of those times I think I’d have a hard time pulling the trigger on any animal not because I need to shoot the biggest animal but more to keep the moment alive to keep seeing so many when I have the tag in my Pocket

I actually had to think about this a little bit. Sheep and goat would probably be fun, but not a must have. I think hunting some B&C class elk and mulies would keep me satisfied.

Giant mule deer I hunt them every year but I just want one giant! It would be great to have a draw tag in a unit where I could pass on multiple otherwise trophy bucks. (i don't put in for those tags so unlikely ha ha)Then mountain goat draw tag where I can go diy. stone sheep and dessert sheep .

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back