Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

You can chip away 10 years at a time and find dramatic change. People that thought Bozeman was better in 1990 should have seen it in 1980, then 1970, then 1960.

If you could have seen Bozeman in 1960, people would have moved here 10X as fast as they are now. The Bozeman I grew up in is gone, but the Bozeman that was here in 1990 is gone too.

There is nothing you can do about it, but put up with it or go somewhere else. After all it wasn’t that long ago, we did the same thing to the Indians…

I had a rental in Bozeman and the shit I went through with that was ridiculous. Burned carpet broken windows.... If there was such things as VRBO back then I would still own that house.

Looking back at the title of this thread, I want to laugh @ how ass-backward Bozeangeles spun... I want to laugh though it's too fking sad.

Montana is on to a new era, the "Yellowstone" era.
What town you in? 🙂

After the sale of our house in Whitefrisco, NW MT, we ajusted to Columbia York City, NW MT, while on TDY.

/Insert :)

Aren’t the prices just as high up that away - and you get the abundance of 24hr campfire neighbors to have around as a bonus?
Nice... If you happen to notice, my quote:

"Montana is on to a new era, the "Yellowstone" era."

They are sky high. Never said otherwise. 😉

Aren’t the prices just as high up that away - and you get the abundance of 24hr campfire neighbors to have around as a bonus?
Yeah the 24hour "clan" seems to like NW Montana.

Always been many of that element up there.

Sad because it's a great place other than that.

VRBO in Columbia Falls on TDY or buy a home?

(BTW, York City near Helena is a really cool place.)
No, unless you'd like to pay to stay at our property...

Funny you mention vrbo: We were offered a decent chunk for our C. Falls property by a group of Californian medical professionals who wanted to set up 20 glamping units... I believe the remaining MT residents along our dirt road would have found and strung us high had we sold to them. It's a cluster Fk no matter what main city in MT.

It's a cluster Fk no matter what main city in MT.
For sure and for true. Recent property owner of tract on island just west of Gallatin Gateway has a floodplain permit to develop 16 acres mostly in the floodplain into fifty-eight (58!) glamping units with tents and Conestoga wagons and gas line and sewer line already run under the once pristine West Gallatin River ... what a catastrophic clusterflock! He dug a pit for a pond fed by a historic spring creek on the island and ignored the requirement for a 310 permit, asserting that the creek was a manmade ditch. Gallatin Conservation District held a hearing to declare jurisdiction and the developer challenged in District Court, lost, then lost again at Montana Supreme Court level. Recently, the Conservation District ordered him to apply for a 310 permit to fill in his pond/pit and restore the spring creek to original condition.
Four of us appealed the Gallatin County floodplain permit, arguing to no avail with frustration as the County Commission would not acknowledge errors in process and interpretation in allowing the floodplain permit for a "glampground", even though the term is not even defined in floodplain regulations. Gallatin County approval of this "catastrophic clusterflock" floodplain permit is now being challenged in District Court.

The real travesty is that had some of the higher property been developed reasonably employing property rights and a prudent wisely designed plan, he would already be realizing the commercial recreational property income he obviously seeks. But by the time he pays lawyer fees, engineer re-design, and contractor floodplain and stream restoration cost ... he will really be underwater!!! (pun intended). Plus, IMO, he will receive some bad news from District Court.

BTW, much of this property has been covered by flood waters previously.

If read this far, thanks for allowing my rant.

Buzz,
You have top quality moments and extreme crap moments as well.
Your arrogance is your glory and your gimp.

This means jack crap to you, I know. You hold your cheerleader base that follows their school yard bully.

Ease up or simply #*^@#* off. This goes for your sheep. JLS, etc that laugh along with your mocking style.
JLS, you know better.

Buzz,
You have top quality moments and extreme crap moments as well.
Your arrogance is your glory and your gimp.

This means jack crap to you, I know. You hold your cheerleader base that follows their school yard bully.

Ease up or simply #*^@#* off. This goes for your sheep. JLS, etc that laugh along with your mocking style.
JLS, you know better.
Yup, on every single forum!

Back