Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
If anybody is ever in bozeman go to the pickle barrell and order you up a philly. Get extra napkins. Thank me later.

I will say- I chose the Cuban over one I can’t believe isn’t on the list- the meatball sandwich.

I simply can’t believe nobody has mentioned a meatball sub/sandwich yet. It’s shocking, really.

I apologized early on for not putting it on the list

You 100% cannot get a lobster roll in a lot of places/states/regions and if you can 1/2 the time it's actually pollock.

Now the rest... maybe to some extent, but a lot of places have pretty dog chit Reuben's you really have to go to a Jewish Deli... BBQ in New England (Yikes), a lot of places really f-up a Philly... anyway.

"only certain regions/states/ cities have good food" -FIFY

WY- rough
MT- actually surprisingly has some decent spots
Denver/Chicago/Houston/SF/NYC - Excellent
The rest of Colorado 😬
Boston- epically bad... might even say spectacularly... they manage to screw up take out Chinese, I'm not even setting the bar high here.
Chicago has the best Italian Beef hands down!

Question- pulled mojo pork shoulder, or char-roasted and sliced?
For a Cuban I want the char-roasted and sliced. Mojo is good, but to me a cuban sandwich is sliced.

Now, for the pulled pork sandwich, I want a slow smoked pork butt. Throw a spicy slaw on top with a good bun, and you have a very fine sandwich.

You know, you alway crave what you can't have. We make great pulled pork and brisket, and burgers, and pretty good Reubens; friend does his own corned beef briskets and we do sauerkraut and marbled rye.

But, in Boston, we had great clam "sandwiches" that were basically just bread and lettuce plates filled with perfectly fried clams. Never got the knack of frying oysters or clams; not enough opportunity, I guess.

And in NOLA, had wonderful oyster loafs. I was getting out of a meeting and my wife called, and I asked what she was doing and she said, standing in line with a bunch of construction workers, they know what's good, right?

And boy did they ever. Turned out to be a neighborhood joint. Later on DDD; hope it didn't ruin them.

And our river breakfast was often grilled bagels with cream cheese with either Canadian or regular bacon.

And no one, I think, has mentioned The King's favorite: Fried Peanut Butter and banana.

Ruebens and corned elk and swiss Cantors deli style.
Pulled pork.
BLT or BLAT's ,avo added.
Having applewood ham and ementhal swiss grilled on whole wheat for dinner.

I appreciate that the Rueben is getting the spot it deserves. Saddened that the Cuban is lagging though. Seriously!?!? It’s a grilled cheese, pulled pork, and hot ham sandwich on one.

Back to Ruebens, anyone ever in Indianapolis owes it to themselves to get one at Shapiro’s deli. It’s an honest Jewish deli in Indy. Their Reuben has placed nationally for best in the country.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back