Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
I don' think the green chili in Wyo stacks up to the greenies chili in CO.

i agree, i have yet to have a good green chile in wyoming, but that's not to say wyoming doesn't or can't have it.

colorado has a pretty sizeable hispanic population, so that's the main reason as to why we have high odds of any one mexican restaurant at least being decent, if not good. and of course we're a state with plenty of southwestern history/heritage. even then only a handful of mexican restaurants are great IMO. but it would be quite a feat to try every one of them.

but all you need is one person with a passion for and skill in southwestern cuisine to decide to make green chile in wyoming and boom wyoming has good green chile. could even have the best green chile. doesn't matter that it's not texas, colorado, new mexico, or southern california.

Last edited:
pork tenderloins and po boys.

they get honorable mentions, if the list could've been longer they would be on it.

to this i say you need to think about it in terms of the best version of each, not where you may have to reside. which is itself subective, but you get the point.

i personally think a great version of each sandwich can be found in each of our 50 states. just like any cuisine.

i'm not a big believer in the idea or claim that only certain regions/states can have a good version of a certain food. maybe in some states it's easier to find a good version of something.

You 100% cannot get a lobster roll in a lot of places/states/regions and if you can 1/2 the time it's actually pollock.

Now the rest... maybe to some extent, but a lot of places have pretty dog chit Reuben's you really have to go to a Jewish Deli... BBQ in New England (Yikes), a lot of places really f-up a Philly... anyway.

"only certain regions/states/ cities have good food" -FIFY

WY- rough
MT- actually surprisingly has some decent spots
Denver/Chicago/Houston/SF/NYC - Excellent
The rest of Colorado 😬
Boston- epically bad... might even say spectacularly... they manage to screw up take out Chinese, I'm not even setting the bar high here.

You 100% cannot get a lobster roll in a lot of places/states/regions and if you can 1/2 the time it's actually pollock.

Now the rest... maybe to some extent, but a lot of places have pretty dog chit Reuben's you really have to go to a Jewish Deli... BBQ in New England (Yikes), a lot of places really f-up a Philly... anyway.

WY- rough
MT- actually surprisingly has some decent spots
Denver/Chicago/Houston/SF/NYC - Excellent
The rest of Colorado 😬
Boston- epically bad... might even say spectacularly... they manage to screw up take out Chinese, I'm not even setting the bar high here.

i just can't fully agree.

sushi is a prime example.

people think you can only get good sushi on the coasts or hawaii.

but USDA rules dictate all commercial grade sushi must be frozen to a specified temp prior to serving for food safety reasons. therefore, if you eat sushi in hawaii it is just as fresh as it is in Denver. cause it was frozen either on the boat or after getting off the boat either way.

we eat ocean fish in denver there were caught yesterday, i'll call that fresh seafood.

every state has access to the same fresh ingredients these days with air travel, refigerated trucks, etc. you're likelihood goes down for good food in a lot of places. some places have more of a good food than others. but all it takes is a skilled chef, doesn't matter where that chef is working.

Saratoga, Wyoming has some damn good food BTW.

Why/how do other countries consistently beat us in this department? I've never been to a town/region in another country that didn't have good food. I mean even little communities in central america had really good, simple, food.

On the sandwich.
Have you ever heard of the regional delicacy known as a horseshoe?

Half pound burger patty on a half pound of crinkle cut fries, smothered in cheese sauce. Not technically a sandwich, but a decent lunch for Midwest corn farmers.

Last edited:
i just can't fully agree.

sushi is a prime example.

people think you can only get good sushi on the coasts or hawaii.

but USDA rules dictate all commercial grade sushi must be frozen to a specified temp prior to serving for food safety reasons. therefore, if you eat sushi in hawaii it is just as fresh as it is in Denver. cause it was frozen either on the boat or after getting off the boat either way.
Exempted from the FDA's freezing requirements are, as Herron mentions, large species of tuna—deemed safe based on the frequency with which they are eaten in raw form and the infrequency of related, documented parasitic infection—as well as aquacultured fish, like salmon, given verification that the feed it's raised on is parasite-free.

I went Cuban and pulled pork. It's hard to beat a good cuban. the reuban and crispy chicken would be after those two.
Question- pulled mojo pork shoulder, or char-roasted and sliced?

I will say- I chose the Cuban over one I can’t believe isn’t on the list- the meatball sandwich.

I simply can’t believe nobody has mentioned a meatball sub/sandwich yet. It’s shocking, really.

The only bad thing about ordering Cuban sandwiches is that most restaurants make terrible, inauthentic versions.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back