Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
Being that we're in peak tomato season I would have a BLT in my top 2.
I had a fried green tomato BLT at a place in Alabama. Outstanding. Good use if you got too many green tomatoes at frost time.

Uh, the only starch is in the bottom. Everything else is sugar and eggs. Definitely toast.

i was led astray by the only part literally toasted tho

BUT the starch on the bottom is stacked, therefore cake. wrapped by a toasted shell on top. updside down toast cake

i was led astray by the only part literally toasted tho

BUT the starch on the bottom is stacked, therefore cake. wrapped by a toasted shell on top. updside down toast cake
That toasted shell is simply egg whites and sugar, no starch. Good try Philistine.

Edited to add: You definitely need to watch more of The Great British Bake-Off

WAIT

i cross referenced with the rules again. it's an upside down quiche, with cake on the bottom, and what might qualify as bean soup in the center.

how do we mash that together?
ONLY THE STARCH MATTERS! DID YOU EVEN READ THE WEBSITE??

dang, beat me to it LOL

Togie:

I really enjoy a good Strawberry Margarita Ice Cream Sandwich ;)

I like the Francesinha a lot, but also enjoy all three types of Bocadillo sandwiches ( egg, meat, or fish )

From your list sir, maybe the Rueben and Italian, but I have enjoyed a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on various outings ;)

I was already hungry when I came across this thread, now I am famished. In need of a nice sub with good bread, it's all about the bread.

I don't know how I feel about burgers being on the list, if you include burgers might as well include hot dogs.

Togie:

I really enjoy a good Strawberry Margarita Ice Cream Sandwich ;)

ah, a type of sandwich that I believe has gone wholly unmentioned this entire time. that is one I should have had on the list.

i'm really starting to further question my choice not to add PB&J to the list as well ;)

Any time a restaurant has a patty melt on the menu, I look no further. So, while I checked the Philly Steak, it is a hollow victory, because some sandwiches are excluded.

Also, any time my wife tells me that we're having BLTs for dinner, a smile begins to form.

am i going to get flamed for saying that i absolutely love spicy philly cheese steaks from jersey mikes? my current go to for a philly.

philly cheese steaks are one of those items people get all hot and bothered about. but i'm just gonna say it, you don't even have to be anywhere near new jersey to eat a good philly. not even anywhere near the east coast, frankly.

just like you don't have to be anywhere near chicago to eat good pizza.
True, but if you good hotdogs...

to this i say you need to think about it in terms of the best version of each, not where you may have to reside. which is itself subective, but you get the point.

i personally think a great version of each sandwich can be found in each of our 50 states. just like any cuisine.

i'm not a big believer in the idea or claim that only certain regions/states can have a good version of a certain food. maybe in some states it's easier to find a good version of something.

but every region and state has talented passionate folks from every culture/heritage with the same access to fresh ingredients anyone anywhere else has these days.
I don' think the green chili in Wyo stacks up to the greenies chili in CO.
I make it as far as South Dakota every year. 🤷‍♂️

I have been to the capital of Mexican food in Cheyenne before. Credit for that?

Taco Johns??

I picked reuben and crispy chicken from the choices given. BLT would have kicked out one of the above. Local sandwich place makes a shrimp po boy with tempura battered shrimp that gets the gold medal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back