Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
I only voted Cuban because the best sandwich was left off the list. That sandwich of course, is the BLT. And if you don’t think it’s the best it’s because you haven’t prepared it as follows:
Two slices of soft, relatively dense artisanal white bread lightly toasted via the grill on all four sides
Hellman’s mayo both slices (helps keep the bread from getting soggy)
Two large pieces of iceberg, romaine or bibb - your choice
Homegrown slice(s) (lightly salted) of vine ripened beefsteak with enough area to cover the bread and sliced around a half inch thick
Lots of charcoal grilled Nueske’s bacon - cooked but not crisped. This bacon, and the tomato, makes the sandwich.

Grilling takes bacon to a different planet. It takes skill to grill without charring due to flare up, but it’s well worth mastering. Pair this sandwich with some sweet corn and throw in some fresh homegrown peaches for dessert and I can’t think of a better meal.

So you guys know I’m serious:
285CFFB2-3CA1-4F1C-AF1E-233F48EDE6A7.jpeg

I only voted Cuban because the best sandwich was left off the list. That sandwich of course, is the BLT. And if you don’t think it’s the best it’s because you haven’t prepared it as follows:
Two slices of soft, relatively dense artisanal white bread lightly toasted via the grill on all four sides
Hellman’s mayo both slices (helps keep the bread from getting soggy)
Two large pieces of iceberg, romaine or bibb - your choice
Homegrown slice(s) (lightly salted) of vine ripened beefsteak with enough area to cover the bread and sliced around a half inch thick
Lots of charcoal grilled Nueske’s bacon - cooked but not crisped. This bacon, and the tomato, makes the sandwich.

Grilling takes bacon to a different planet. It takes skill to grill without charring due to flare up, but it’s well worth mastering. Pair this sandwich with some sweet corn and throw in some fresh homegrown peaches for dessert and I can’t think of a better meal.

So you guys know I’m serious:
View attachment 232591
Bacon is overrated.

Listen, fellas, I know there is no accounting for taste, but there are a lot of folks in this topic saying a lot of ridiculous things about some really mundane - at best - or downright disgusting - at worst - sandwiches. I swear to dog all-bite-y Im gunna start lighting matches then burn this place to the ground if we all dont stop with the grilled-cheese-pickle-barrel-DQ-nonsense!.

@mtmiller

Perfect balance of two kinds of pig, bright citrus flavors, garlicky goodness, acidity from mustard and pickles (points for a tolerable veggie), with slightly funky, melted Swiss cheese, and all on a butter-toasted loaf made with- you guessed it- pig lard.

It is everything good about a patty melt and ham and Swiss. It is a hot sandwich that fills you up on a cold day, but somehow manages to stay light even in the hottest weather.

The sandwich is a love letter to all things pork.
I’ve never met you, but this bit of poetry hit me right in the feels. You ever make it to boise, I owe you beer.

Bread makes or breaks a sandwich. From the list, I chose a hot Italian as #1, but the bread has to be right. A good sourdough is hard to beat, but my absolute favorite is a Dutch Crunch, which I’ve only seen available in San Francisco. It’s basically an SF sourdough with egg white and sugar baked on top, which just knocks it out of the park.

I've concocted what has become my favorite sandwich from asiago cheese bread, tomato confit, sliced salami, mozzarella cheese, a thick slice of home grown tomato and a toaster oven.

Second choice is two slices of Merita loaf bread, Duke's mayonnaise, and a thick slice of garden fresh tomato; simple but unforgettable.

And no one, I think, has mentioned The King's favorite: Fried Peanut Butter and banana.
But he also ate mayonnaise on his:sick:

As a “twist” on this, a little restaurant in West Point, MS called “Twisted Burger” serves a “Fat Elvis” burger that has peanut butter, banana, and mayo on it. Not my thang at all, but whatever floats your goat

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back