Be On Lookout for Errors With MT Refund/Tags Mailed Out

From The Governor's 2021 state of the state:

“From decades in the private sector, I firmly believe that leaders set the tone and culture of an organization. Tonight, I make these commitments to you, as the chief executive of our state. I will be available, accessible, and accountable. I will provide our state agencies with a clear mission, we will measure our progress, and we will celebrate our shared success together. I will emphasize providing exceptional customer experiences to all Montanans. After all, you pay our salaries, and we work for you.”

There is a lack of accountability that is staggering here. One could be on the entirely opposite side of the hunting and fishing viewpoints typically expressed here, and still be enraged by this error. I fear that huntanfly is right. That behind the curtain, this is far more widespread than we think. I'm not saying they need to redo the redo draw, but they basically need to reissue everything.

Yeah and if your a NR and selected a etag option they will send you a paper one. Spoke to the department this morning about how everyone has received there tag I selected etag option and she told me of “you must be a NR because we aren’t doing the etag option for NR but you will receive a paper one.” Went and checked the mail and there is my paper tag but why even offer a etag option then.

It's basically unenforceable in a way and on top of that a good lawyer could probably eat that case up if it went to court anyway. I mean they issued the tags right? It would kind of be hard to explain why they did such and how they made legal notification of the mishap. Saying you made a phone call or sent a letter in the mail isn't enough legally. Or made a Facebook post😂😂
I demand a redo of the redo draw and all residents should demand the same.
Pretty sure @Gerald Martin isn't going along with this. I hope you have tags in hand at this point.

With all these mistakes makes coming to light after the drawing it makes a guy wonder if the actual lottery process could also have been flawed. Were bonus points applied correctly? Landowner pref? NR/R percentages? We will likely never know.

It's basically unenforceable in a way and on top of that a good lawyer could probably eat that case up if it went to court anyway. I mean they issued the tags right? It would kind of be hard to explain why they did such and how they made legal notification of the mishap. Saying you made a phone call or sent a letter in the mail isn't enough legally. Or made a Facebook post😂😂
Pretty sure @Gerald Martin isn't going along with this. I hope you have tags in hand at this point.
Redraw was the remedy from the start. Instead we just keep adding more and more tags. Accountability is zero at this point.

Printed and in a safe place.😄. So far I haven’t heard of any screw ups with the MSG draw but I’m half expecting something to be messed up with the way the other draws went.

I swear to dog that if they mess up the Deer B draw next week causing me to miss out on my 315-01 tag that I am going to mail them a really, really strongly worded letter insulting their intelligence IN ADDITION TO the public shaming I dish out here on this forum. So it is written, so it shall be done.
Preach it! I too am keeping a close eye on the B-tag draw. Might even demand the convening an inspector general investigation to issue a damning report if I don’t draw a Ninemile doe tag.

On a more serious note, someone mentioned if state media has been made aware of the latest round of goofs in licensing…

Which news outlet would be most likely to run a piece about how licensing has fallen apart with the former head of the licensing division is running the agency?

I’d guess that the Missoula Current would cover it? Any other suggestions?

Would someone give a bullet point of what all has been screwed up this year? It’s honestly been hard to keep track. I’ll happily email blast a few journalists. Maybe just write the damn thing myself even.

PM if you wanna.

On a more serious note, someone mentioned if state media has been made aware of the latest round of goofs in licensing…

Which news outlet would be most likely to run a piece about how licensing has fallen apart with the former head of the licensing division is running the agency?

Would someone give a bullet point of what all has been screwed up this year? It’s honestly been hard to keep track. I’ll happily email blast a few journalists. Maybe just write the damn thing myself even.

PM if you wanna.

Printed and in a safe place.😄. So far I haven’t heard of any screw ups with the MSG draw but I’m half expecting something to be messed up with the way the other draws went.

Didn’t draw my goat tag. If that’s not a screw up I don’t know what is

PM if you wanna.
Great Falls Tribune seems to be pretty good at picking pimples. Drop them an email.

Silver lining: Maybe this helps push the needle far enough that MT finally decouples the nonresident general combo from the LE permit draws. A guy can hope, right? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I mean, when you can’t even administer your own program….
Yes please! They start doing that and I’ll start applying. I really don’t have a current need another general season elk and deer when I don’t have time to hunt the ones I already have the way I want to

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back