Be On Lookout for Errors With MT Refund/Tags Mailed Out

NDGuy

I drew the big game combo but returned my elk combo when I whiffed on my LE permit. Hoping this is isolated but I received two envelopes from MT FWP today. One had my deer combo, the other had a big game combo license.

So no refund and received 2 deer combos as well as the elk combo.

I hope this is a one off but I am not holding my breath. I hope this doesn't get abused if this was a large screw up.

Loving the new rules, by one tag get one free!

#opportunity #fairforall #brownitsdown
I guess that is a pretty good deal. Wonder how many people fill them not knowing any better or worse knowing better and taking advantage of the screw up. Unbelievable!!!

@NDGuy Same thing happened for me. I clicked the button to get a refund if not drawing the LE permit. Did not draw it, but received everything (General Elk tag, and Deer Combo Tag) today.
Best part, I called them today to confirm what else got screwed up. My $350 refund check for my elk combo is in the mail too. So if I was a POS and didn’t throw the extras away, I’d have 2 deer tags, 1 elk tag, all for about $700. 🙄

There should be an option to check a box and “apply my refund to my FWP account”. I got a check the other day, for $4. Four dollars! It must have cost at least $1 to process and mail that to me. Seems like a waste of paper and expense and I would gladly let that $4 sit with them until next year.

I got my limited entry archery permit in the mail. Valid through the end of rifle🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Another screw up. Wtf

Got 3 letters from FWP today: my refund, my deer combo and my free complimentary big game combo.

While I obviously won’t, I’m genuinely concerned about how many people are going to abuse this.
Yeah spot on. Think of all the morons that don’t look into stuff. What a giant cluster

Back