Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Be On Lookout for Errors With MT Refund/Tags Mailed Out

Got 3 letters from FWP today: my refund, my deer combo and my free complimentary big game combo.

While I obviously won’t, I’m genuinely concerned about how many people are going to abuse this.
I hope everyone does, Montana deserves it. Resident hunters have been so consumed with keeping their general tags priced at $2 and screwing nonresidents that they have forgotten the wildlife is what suffers with morons in charge of the fwp.

Hell with it, I say abuse it. Let that dipchit director Hank explain his lack of leadership.

If he doesn't lose his job by hunting season I would hunt every tag his department sent.

I'm just hoping I get an extra deer permit in the mail.
Agreed

I would say MT FWP is the most inept state agency in the west by a long shot. Montana resident hunters don’t seem to mind as long as they don’t alter the regulations that have been in place before most of them were born.
I think most Montana residents on this site want change. It’s the ones that aren’t that are the problem. Anyway you aren’t wrong so carry on.

I think most Montana residents on this site want change. It’s the ones that aren’t that are the problem. Anyway you aren’t wrong so carry on.
I think most of the Montana residents on this site are appalled and I criticize FWP in support of them, but I think most Montanans think FWP is doing a great job. Maybe I’m wrong and sentiment has changed but when I lived there people loved the no management approach to management. We get a chit load of cheap tags it’s awesome, who cares about quality, if it’s brown it’s down.

Walk into a sporting goods store in MT and ask a resident how the NR draw works, most folks think NR can buy tags OTC and are pissed about it.

Hopefully this has changed with social media and a lot of folks, esp on this site really working to educate, but man circa 2016 MT hunttalkers had a huge gap of knowledge to bridge with the average MT Resident.

Last time I checked their system still said I was successful AND unsuccessful drawing elk/deer combo. Still nothing in the mail but that's no surprise. Two years ago they supposedly mailed out my license three times but nothing ever arrived. I got a replacement at Malta hardware store when I went back to hunt that fall. Have no idea if I have a license or not. Really don't care any more. Hunting has turned into such a mess back there. And here. I'm about ready to dip my guns in cosmoline and crate them up for my grandkids. Like it will be any better when they grow up. Pfft.

Last time I checked their system still said I was successful AND unsuccessful drawing elk/deer combo. Still nothing in the mail but that's no surprise. Two years ago they supposedly mailed out my license three times but nothing ever arrived. I got a replacement at Malta hardware store when I went back to hunt that fall. Have no idea if I have a license or not. Really don't care any more. Hunting has turned into such a mess back there. And here. I'm about ready to dip my guns in cosmoline and crate them up for my grandkids. Like it will be any better when they grow up. Pfft.

Just wait a week for the press release saying “we feel terrible for the screw up and we don’t want to play with people’s emotions so this year only everyone will get a tag. It’s the only right thing to do.”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back