Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ballot Initiative to End NR Big Game Hunting?

Ten dollars says you come here and shoot what you will later refer to on social media as a “last day meat buck”. It will score 123 5/8”.

I watched all of Randy's latest Montana deer hunt videos a few weeks ago. It's a fricken sad situation out there. Those were all residents filling those tags. Come on man let's not act like NR's and NR landowners are the reason for such a sad current state. It's a privilege for any NR to come out there and hunt, not a right. Cap them and keep resident opportunity #1 no matter what, but there are much bigger issues than NR's coming out and shooting the "meat bucks".

I watched all of Randy's latest Montana deer hunt videos a few weeks ago. It's a fricken sad situation out there. Those were all residents filling those tags. Come on man let's not act like NR's and NR landowners are the reason for such a sad current state. It's a privilege for any NR to come out there and hunt, not a right. Cap them and keep resident opportunity #1 no matter what, but there are much bigger issues than NR's coming out and shooting the "meat bucks".
Ahhh , yes finally someone with some sense . Residents are a big part of the problem. Most of the problem. NR tag numbers have always been roughly the same . And most of the Residents ,not all but most would scream bloody murder if their tags went to $100 each or more , which is what they would have to be if they shut down NR hunting .

The problem is not people shooting scrubby little bucks. The problem is that this game has become too commodified which has degraded access, quality of animals and opportunity for Montanans. It has arguably caused our housing prices to increase forcing people from their land and homes. Access that used to be a handshake is now a guy with his hand out. This isn’t a new problem but it’s been getting worse at an alarming rate and we need to take drastic measures before it’s too late.

The problem is not people shooting scrubby little bucks. The problem is that this game has become too commodified which has degraded access, quality of animals and opportunity for Montanans. It has arguably caused our housing prices to increase forcing people from their land and homes. Access that used to be a handshake is now a guy with his hand out. This isn’t a new problem but it’s been getting worse at an alarming rate and we need to take drastic measures before it’s too late.
So all the NR coming to montana to shoot a forky on the last day of the season has resulted in increased housing prices? The Residents with their hand held out to take your $ as a fellow Montanan instead of shaking your hand and allowing you to traipse all over their private property is 100% the fault of all NR. Nobody to blame at all except the NR.

And of course if you are hawking the experience, hawking a podcast, hawking some kind of gear, a tag strategy service, a YouTube channel, private land outfitted hunts, giving tags to landowners that they can sell to non resident…. Of course you are against anything like this.

I am pretty sure no non resident is guaranteed anything in the MT constitution. I am pretty sure that no outfitter or landowner is guaranteed a steady flow of non residents to line their pockets. They have taken enough it is time to fight fire with fire.
Then all other states would stop Montana residents from hunting their states. Sounds pretty fair to me.

I take it that math is not your strong suit.
Ha that's a good one. I realize that NR tag money is 2X what the resident tag money is. I Think in 2019 residents supplied something like 13 million in $ and Nonresidents provided 25 or 26 million. But to put your foot down and say that we NEEEEEEED those NR funds or else MT wildlife management is going to go to hell is stupid. It already has gone to hell, but there are other ways to raise the funds needed to manage elk. And management is not all about the money. Money is the easy way though.

But all this talk about "meat bucks" and "rut hunting" is so funny. Most of it from NR's who are guests here in MT. I'm not saying I agree with every season and opportunity as it sits, but its not up to you to decide how hunting goes in MT, or even if we allow you to come here. Again, it goes back to how hunting big game in MT has become such a coveted fantasy/commodity that not only does every NR and their mom want to have their chance to do it, but now they also want to dictate how, when, where it is done. They talk and lobby and pay to have hunting be what THEY want it to be when they finally get their number called.

REDUCE THE FANTASY, PUT A STOP TO THE FANTASY FEEDERS: HUSHIN, RINELLA, NEWBERG, BRIAN CALL, BORN AND RAISED, RYAN LAMPERS, ELK 101, GOHUNT, TAGHUB, HUNTINFOOL, EASTMANS. As long as these superstars are lining their pockets nothing will change for the better. For the worse, yes.

The most recent increase in demand for private land hunting rights is coming from Montana residents. This is only going to become more popular if management does not change.

Ha that's a good one. I realize that NR tag money is 2X what the resident tag money is. I Think in 2019 residents supplied something like 13 million in $ and Nonresidents provided 25 or 26 million. But to put your foot down and say that we NEEEEEEED those NR funds or else MT wildlife management is going to go to hell is stupid. It already has gone to hell, but there are other ways to raise the funds needed to manage elk. And management is not all about the money. Money is the easy way though.

But all this talk about "meat bucks" and "rut hunting" is so funny. Most of it from NR's who are guests here in MT. I'm not saying I agree with every season and opportunity as it sits, but its not up to you to decide how hunting goes in MT, or even if we allow you to come here. Again, it goes back to how hunting big game in MT has become such a coveted fantasy/commodity that not only does every NR and their mom want to have their chance to do it, but now they also want to dictate how, when, where it is done. They talk and lobby and pay to have hunting be what THEY want it to be when they finally get their number called.

REDUCE THE FANTASY, PUT A STOP TO THE FANTASY FEEDERS: HUSHIN, RINELLA, NEWBERG, BRIAN CALL, BORN AND RAISED, RYAN LAMPERS, ELK 101, GOHUNT, TAGHUB, HUNTINFOOL, EASTMANS. As long as these superstars are lining their pockets nothing will change for the better. For the worse, yes.
You get it. If we aren’t going to make decisions based on what the biologists say, why have biologists at FWP all? Serious Question. If we didn’t have NR hunters FWP wouldn’t have to spend half their enforcement budget policing and protecting the sacred private property rights.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boxcutter223
Back