Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ballot Initiative to End NR Big Game Hunting?

I am definitely OK with that. I've never hunted another state in my life
Why would you. All non residents know Montana is the best state to hunt when you don't have any points and the deer and elk hunting is great on public land and very affordable. Just start watching Youtube tons and tons of great public land deer and elk hunting in Montana. Its gotta be the foundation state of every non resident hunter & fishing second to none.

This is laughably false, if you're referring to this forum.
What is laughably false about that? Just read the back and forth joking about that topic on this thread alone. I'm not saying that I agree with the liberal hunting of deer in MT at all, but I am saying that its not some dude from Georgia's call to make. If Montanans decide that we want to shoot spike bucks for 6 weeks straight that's our call not yours. Again, thats a stupid way of hunting the deer here, But sometimes the NR's input and "expertise" just baffles me. Like why is the NR so invested in the hunting regs in my state. I don't understand?

What is laughably false about that? Just read the back and forth joking about that topic on this thread alone. I'm not saying that I agree with the liberal hunting of deer in MT at all, but I am saying that its not some dude from Georgia's call to make. If Montanans decide that we want to shoot spike bucks for 6 weeks straight that's our call not yours. Again, thats a stupid way of hunting the deer here, But sometimes the NR's input and "expertise" just baffles me. Like why is the NR so invested in the hunting regs in my state. I don't understand?
unnnnlessssss, its because they want THEIR guest hunting experience in my state to fit a certain profile that appeases their money and vacation days

You do realize that the reason that MT sold almost 60,000 NR tags last year is solely because of the decisions of MT RESIDENTS don’t you?

Nah, going to wait until peak rut and shoot a fork horn by the road first morning. Try to blend in with the locals to spare everyone's feelings
don't forget to save the neck roasts!!! best off the deer you just described!!

Last edited:
I meant the most critical people regarding Montana hunting on this forum are Montanans. There are dozens of threads that demonstrate this.

I think it’s ironic seeing all the posts from Montana residents. You complain about the population of your state exploding and then blame non residents for the crowding…

Maybe having general hunts open for 6 weeks of archery and 6 weeks of rifle isn’t a good season structure anymore. It’s possible that nr’s are only a small piece of the crowding problem.

I was born there and have a lot of family around Shelby still. I could live in the Highline.
My cousin in Frenchtown was born above the highline in Turner and returns there to hunt big muleys up on the Big Flat, which is country with some hills and coulees.
Both sets of our grandparents homesteaded up there turn of last century. But now Turner is way smaller than Baker. Someone there does have a sense of humor.

Metropolis where grandparents homesteaded.JPG

You do realize that the reason that MT sold almost 60,000 NR tags last year is solely because of the decisions of MT RESIDENTS don’t you?
"soley?" nooooooo way I buy that. But please explain your reasoning further and how the residents who decided that include the majority of MT hunters who are bustin ass in a job that does not give them constant access to hunttalk to stay as educated as yourself.

I think it’s ironic seeing all the posts from Montana residents. You complain about the population of your state exploding and then blame non residents for the crowding…

Maybe having general hunts open for 6 weeks of archery and 6 weeks of rifle isn’t a good season structure anymore. It’s possible that nr’s are only a small piece of the crowding problem.

Going to correct you here. Only a few believe its a non resident issue. The rest of us are fully aware of our shitty management and season structure

My cousin in Frenchtown was born above the highline in Turner and returns there to hunt big muleys up on the Big Flat, which is country with some hills and coulees.
Both sets of our grandparents homesteaded up there turn of last century. But now Turner is way smaller than Baker. Someone there does have a sense of humor.

View attachment 213802
My Grandparents were probably the last people to live in a town called Ferdig. Town is all gone, but the old house is still there. mtmuley

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back