Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Migration Initiative - "Animal Trails" film

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm always impressed with the media productions of the Wyoming Migration Initiative. Greg, Emily, and Patrick are extremely talented and great at communicating the importance of migration routes to the wild things we all love.

There most recent film covers a lot of topics critical to conserving these species and the migration corridors; complex land ownership, multiple jurisdictions, human pressures on the migration corridors, and though they don't state it specifically, the urgency of taking action is paramount.

I like how they have done an excellent job of explaining how private landowners in the film are using conservation easements to protect the critical private land habitats/corridors, and yet allowing them to remain working landowners. The segments of these corridors at greatest risk are the private land sections. Giving all possible tools to those conservation-minded landowners is critical.

I hope you will watch it. I hope you will support the efforts of the Wyoming Migration Initiative. They are doing work that is essential to conserving the amazing wildlife of the Greater Yellowstone Area. As someone who lives, hunts, and works in that area, my mind refuses to imagine what it would be like without this amazing compliment of endemic wildlife.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back