Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana - Ballot Initiative would allow Montana Landowners to Hunt Without Permits

I know a couple that lease out the ground to outfitters. Then draw the tag on the lop pool with much better draw odds and hunt the public due to the land being leased out. Who is that helping?

It's helping the landowner. That's what the Landowner Preference Program is supposed to do: reward landowners for their stewardship of wildlife. It has nothing to do with leasing or outfitting. The reason that those licenses are good district wide is because a lot of landowners who have wildlife on their properties do not have them during hunting season, so they get to hunt the whole district. If you have elk or deer in your hay all summer, but in the fall they're up on the public, is it unreasonable for those folks to hunt public?

Regardless, my point is that seeking to punish landowners hasn't worked, so going back to the well with ideas that have been tried and failed is wasting folks' time.

"This one puts the Um in Dumb" Jimmy Keane (Butte, America).

EQC Votes 8-8 to support. As a tie vote, this will not recieve support from EQC as it did not receive a majority of votes in support.

Yes: Fielder, Hinebauch, Hinkle, Bartel, Brown, Knudsen, Manzella, Gunderson

No: Curdy, Flowers, Karlin, Marler, Galt, Keane, Metropolis, Vermillion

EQC Votes 8-8 to support. As a tie vote, this will not recieve support from EQC as it did not receive a majority of votes in support.

I did a spit take when I heard that quote

There are few people in this world who are better at being an irascible scoundrel than Jimmy Keane.

Reactions: JEL

So 96% of the comments were against and HALF the EQC was like "sounds like a good idea, I'm in"?

So 96% of the comments were against and HALF the EQC was like "sounds like a good idea, I'm in"?

James Franco First Time | Memes, Time meme, Anime family

My very own Manzella never disappoints when it comes to voting for dumb stuff

Wyoming does this extremely well. I don't think it's an insurmountable hurdle to get this done in MT and it would help in a lot of ways, especially when you look at getting real numbers relative to hunter days instead of folks who "forgot to sign in."

I signed it at a Type 1 BMA that had 2 other hunter parties signed in for the day. It was plenty big so I went ahead and hunted. I wasn’t prepared for the additional 6 vehicles parked at the parking area I planned to use.😤

As a side story to just how extreme some of these folks are, Montana tried to create an enhancement for possession of a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking. Hinkle down voted it saying, and I quote, "Even drug dealers have a right to protect their stash". And yet we act surprised when we keep electing them and they keep voting in such an inept manner.

As a side story to just how extreme some of these folks are, Montana tried to create an enhancement for possession of a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking. Hinkle down voted it saying, and I quote, "Even drug dealers have a right to protect their stash". And yet we act surprised when we keep electing them and they keep voting in such an inept manner.

Representative Hinkle is the likely chair for House Fish, Wildlife and Parks, btw.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back