Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ballot Initiative to End NR Big Game Hunting?

I bet people wont be saying they are glad when all of the NR's are gone when THEY are the ones having to pay the high license fees to cover their own FWP's wasteful spending...lol

Maybe just ban NR Aliens like me, after all looking at the last time I came over with my 3 other friends, a conservative estimate would be in excess of $10k less spent in Montana if we were stopped coming over to hunt.
Cheers
Richard

Maybe once enough people move to Montana to escape their current situations someone will start an initiative to ban hunting altogether like the ballot initiative in Oregon. That would solve all of your problems.
Vote on that the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and quite a few ranchers would be voting yes.

I'm not here, yet. That said, someone from New Mexico recently told me that only 10% of their tags go to a public draw. If that were the case, I would probably entertain the idea more. But then again, that itself wouldn't solve the problem. There are plenty of residents - more in Montana everyday - who have the scratch to price me and mine out of hunting, nonresidents aside.

We gotta keep up the good fight, and I don't think this would be a net-benefit the cause.
I bet that clown is one of those I have not drawn an elk in 20 years guys too. They make me happy with the draw odds I get in not prime units.
Must be cornfused with numbers or drives a new Maverprick. LOL

I bet that clown is one of those I have not drawn an elk in 20 years guys too. They make me happy with the draw odds I get in not prime units.
Must be cornfused with numbers or drives a new Maverprick. LOL
I Could’ve totally misread what he wrote. I’ll try and find it. My impression was that if you don’t own land, it’s very difficult even as a resident to draw. I Might be way off because it does sound way off

I Could’ve totally misread what he wrote. I’ll try and find it. My impression was that if you don’t own land, it’s very difficult even as a resident to draw. I Might be way off because it does sound way off
Pretty sure it's WAY OFF. Like the exact opposite of what is in the NMG&F website.

Glad I hunted MT a couple times before most of you were born or moved there.
Hope you enjoy the $2500 bull tags to make up the loss.
Glad I did not stay. But I could have sold that $12k ranch on the bitter root for millions to the folks who just sold their Boozeman 2 bdrm.

I always laugh when hunters debate the resident vs nonresident allocations. Remember we are all nonresidents in 49 other states. As a nonresident it’s not a right for you to hunt in those states. It is a privilege allowed by the residents of those states that I hope all states continue. It makes for some damn fun adventures to places I would otherwise never go and I am definitely appreciative to the residents for allowing the opportunity.

Place a hard cap of 17,500 not the 60k that Hank tried killing the FOIA Request on because he knew it would blow up. Make the mule deer General season end Nov. 1 and offer a LE Permit or archery/muzzleloader for the rut to please people that think it’s their birthright to shoot a buck with its nose up a does ass.

And separate the deer and elk seasons.

Boom. Done.
Everyone needs to read this

I’m not advocating for abolishing NR hunting but I would like to see the state have an actual cap instead of all these open ended programs.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back