Bad bays, bad boys, watcha gonna do?

I know from reading Randy's post it's hard work making sure you have all your permits and are in compliance and I appreciate his efforts in doing it right.

I'm sure there is a lot of pressure for some of these guys to produce quality film and thus cheating and taking the lazy path. There is a lot of competition for sponsors and there are plenty of other guys waiting to take your place if you don't produce something special or different from the rest of the crowd.

I also think some get to the point of feeling above the law or entitled by inflated ego's. I'm glad they got nailed.

Just out of curiosity, shouldn't there be some sort of repercussion for Sportsman's Channel? It seems like airing illegal activity being passed off as legal should have some sort of penalty. It might help curb this sort of thing if the network has the impetus to know exactly who they are dealing with.

how dumb do you have to be to not only hunt illegally, but then allow your illegal hunts to be broadcast on TV????

"Clark Dixon is charged with taking a grizzly bear for a fee in 2010 without being a licensed and registered big game hunting guide. He's also charged with conducting an illegal outfitting operation since 2009. Prosecutors say he also lied about Alaska residency to take advantage of hunting privileges for locals."

I'd like some more details. I don't watch hunting on TV, and have no idea who Clark is. It sounds like he lied about residency to get a guide's license? How is it the state of Alaska missed that on a background check when he applied?

Also, poaching on TV has been going on for decades. There was a clown north of me tranquilizing animals on a game farm and shooting them as they stumbled around in front of him. passed it off as if he was some great hunter/archer, and of course all the animals were taken "fair chase". This was in the 80's I think.

The growth of hunting shows on tv has brought out the greed and dishonesty, just like everywhere else in society. Disgusting and giving hunters a worse rep than they already have.

The Syndicate is a crap show anyway.

Local news said that every Alaskan animal they've taken on fill was poached. No legal tags for any of them. AK doesn't mess around with poachers, taking game on lands managed by the USFW and transporting game animals across state lines. These guys are likely done hunting with rifles, let alone owning one...

Local news said that every Alaskan animal they've taken on fill was poached. No legal tags for any of them. AK doesn't mess around with poachers, taking game on lands managed by the USFW and transporting game animals across state lines. These guys are likely done hunting with rifles, let alone owning one...

Good! I wish Kansas was more aggressive on the punishment end. Our F&G LE seem to do a decent job in busting them but then everything is reduced down to a light slap on the wrist.

The state has cited the six family members for illegally applying for the yearly oil revenue check residents receive once they meet certain requirements, such as living in the state for a certain amount of time

.....shoulda claimed to be from Mexico.

Bambi, Look for an Airplane to be auctioned off by Alaska! John

Sounds like the aircraft is a Mackey SQ-4. Is so, the Alaska G&F should keep it for themselves and add it to their fleet! The SQ-4 needs about as much runway to take off as a helicopter does on a windy day...

They have a lot of shows from Western states (Navada, New Mexico, Texas, Dakotas, Kansas, to name a few, and i believe Canada). Those state F&G folks might want to check on this too. I can't see them poaching in one state and not a few more.

Just recently got back from 2 weeks of moose hunting, didn't bring any meat home but a little justice was served for a couple of shitbag hunters.

Late one Saturday afternoon we heard some shooting going on across from camp and the last shot was a solid hit. We were checking things out through the spotter when we observed 2 guys with a 6x6 Polaris Ranger trying to run off a sub legal bull moose we had seen earlier that afternoon.

The older fella was no more than 15-20 from this bull, clapping and waving his hands trying to run the bull off. I watched the bull walk behind some trees that were between myself and the hunter and the bull never reappeared. The "hunter" unloaded his rifle and he and his partner got in the Ranger and rode off. To say we were upset about what we witnessed was un understatement.

The next day myself and a buddy of mine had planned on checking out a spot for a legal bull and we'd be passing right by where this all went down. After arriving where we thought was the spot where we last saw the bull, we started walking around trying to find familiar terrain. We split up and I started walking and found a spot I recognized through the spotter the night before.

As I peaked over the little knob I saw a set of antler above the grass. I was hoping that maybe this bull wasn't that seriously hurt but that wasn't the case. They had left the bull there to rot and had no intention of salvaging the meat, as the bull was already bloated and started to smell. Needless to say, this guy won't be doing any more moose hunting for a while. The troopers took the antlers and made them salvage all of the meat and had them turn it in the next day.

He was a 47" bull with 2x2 brow tines and this was a 50" 4 brow tine area.

Attachments

• Busted.jpg
    Busted.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 893
AKBearHunter, well done. All of us need to police our own. A camera and a GPS can really assist LE stick it to these dirt bags.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back