GYP bison slaughter

A hunt in the park, no matter how well run, would be a PR disaster for hunters. End of story.

The freaks in the BFC would have a hay day.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I read a newspaper article that said a large number of Bison were shot and wounded and limped back into the park. They were finished off by park and G&F employees. I think it said 50+. Now that's a piss poor image for hunters.

Very close to what I was told about the Bison in Theodore Rosevelt National Park in North Dakota.They told me when I looked into a winter Bison hunt there that Park employess are the only ones that are allowed to hunt the bison when they need culled.
I tried to convince them that ahunt would bring &150,000 -$200,000 to the park but they said that it would not be worth the effort of having a drawing and monitoring the hunt.

Very close to what I was told about the Bison in Theodore Rosevelt National Park in North Dakota.They told me when I looked into a winter Bison hunt there that Park employess are the only ones that are allowed to hunt the bison when they need culled.
I tried to convince them that ahunt would bring &150,000 -$200,000 to the park but they said that it would not be worth the effort of having a drawing and monitoring the hunt.

They did it for elk in the past - been there, done that.

I also participated in that hunt. I don't think I would sign up for one of those hunts again.

I didn't actually do the hunt, but was aware of it taking place at the time... Did you actually go into the park and hunt elk with the Park folks? If so, your the first person I've heard of who did it and would like to hear your story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back