Caribou Gear Tarp

Armed Threats on Bison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigRack, your question of compensation has been part of the discussion, even during the Bison Citizens Working Groups. Just as wildlife advocates have contributed to wolf predation compensation, bison advocate groups have put free bison proof fencing on the table (NRDC has been paying YNP proximity residents bison fencing if they wanted it and some have done so), as well as discussions on damage compensation. No one, advocating bison restoration on a larger landscape, that I know of, has ever spoken to ag/ranchers saying that they would have to just suck it up if damage occurred. Discussions of being proactive to protect the ag/ranchers have been forefront.

Thanks Kat.

It appears the major concerns have been addressed.

I'll just say that when people that want to introduce bison say things like the bison have a right to graze on private property, it's not going to go well.

I don't give a crap who wrote it. I don't care if they mixed up who worked for you.

I'm concerned about the meat of the article.

Can you link me to the law that says compensation would be paid if the bison did damage. SS says it was just proposed.

***Do you have even a double digit IQ to post some of the BS like you did in that sentence, LOL?!

***Do you have even a double digit IQ to post some of the BS like you did in that sentence, LOL?!

I don't care who works for any organization in the article. What matters is the words written in the State law.

My IQ is just fine. The only untruth in the article was the job title of somebody which I don't care about.

Thanks Kat.

I'll just say that when people that want to introduce bison say things like the bison have a right to graze on private property, it's not going to go well.

You keep stating that! So you are against private property rights, unless those property owners use animals that meet with your approval.

Nice too know!

What a circle jerk this is with this guy!!! About all this thread is doing is upping his post count and showing that nothing will convince him he's wrong!!!

Thanks Kat.

I'm not sure your approach is working that well... Although in roughly 800 posts on grazing issues we've yet to call each other Nazis. Or even ask a particular person if he ever wondered why that red squiggly line is under "alot" every single time he writes it. The internet just isn't like the old days.

BR... are you aware of our open range laws where, if I don't want the neighbor's cattle damaging my property, it is up to me to build a fence to keep them out?

BR... are you aware of our open range laws where, if I don't want the neighbor's cattle damaging my property, it is up to me to build a fence to keep them out?

That's great, but has nothing to do with some people saying bison have a right to graze on private property.

Apparently the bill says they don't have the right, but it's not helping win over the landowners when you have people saying bison have a right to graze on their private land.

That's great, but has nothing to do with some people saying bison have a right to graze on private property.

Apparently the bill says they don't have the right, but it's not helping win over the landowners when you have people saying bison have a right to graze on their private land.
The irony was too much...

By the way, the MFWP has decided that any bison plan will require that they be contained. They will even haze them off your property, unless you shoot them first like Hoppe did last week. Then they will make excuses for you so you don't have to justify the shooting. So this whole thread is much ado about something that isn't going to happen.

The irony was too much...

By the way, the MFWP has decided that any bison plan will require that they be contained. They will even haze them off your property, unless you shoot them first like Hoppe did last week. Then they will make excuses for you so you don't have to justify the shooting. So this whole thread is much ado about something that isn't going to happen.

The thread pointed out the hypocrisy of people who said bison should be able to graze on private land.

The land owners should get the classification/protection into the State Constitution before they allow the bison there. I don't trust politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back