Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Fukushima meltdown

A person could be really tasteless right now..................................................................

This will brighten your day...Puck! :eek:

Attachments

• LiveLeak-dot-com-772ae78c8785-falloutwtf.jpg
    LiveLeak-dot-com-772ae78c8785-falloutwtf.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 579
So basically your saying in about 10 days, I'll be glowing in the dark ?
Glad I didn't spend money on that fancy new headlamp.

That map is a fake, by the way. Nothing even remotely like that is being reported by any reputable source, including the one the map has as its "source", Australian Radiation Services.

I work in the radiation field and i think that map that was posted above is bogus, those radiation units dont make sense.

I do however think the potential meltdowns are very scary. Those reactors are 40 years old and if they meltdown and then melt their outer containers japan will have to send in first responders to cover the molten uranium with massive amounts of sand and concrete (as was done at chernobyl). Many first responders would die if that happens.

News reports from Japan are conflicting and wierd. Japan is not openly sharing what is happening yet. i think the worst is not likely to happen, but it does sound possible.

I work in the radiation field and i think that map that was posted above is bogus, those radiation units dont make sense.

I do however think the potential meltdowns are very scary. Those reactors are 40 years old and if they meltdown and then melt their outer containers japan will have to send in first responders to cover the molten uranium with massive amounts of sand and concrete (as was done at chernobyl). Many first responders would die if that happens.

News reports from Japan are conflicting and wierd. Japan is not openly sharing what is happening yet. i think the worst is not likely to happen, but it does sound possible.

Yup it was made up...http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.com/2011/03/millions-of-americans-will-not-be.html#reactor

Fake or not, still scary and I hope they get these (now 2) under control. When they had the melt down in Russia the fallout definitly effected other countries down wind. I think Nukes are a great idea for power, but these reactors are too darn old and should have been updated to handle this situation.

It appears that the problem was that they didn't plan for losing all of the reactors and all of the power at once. Not enough details yet, but when you shut down a power plant, nuclear or otherwise, there is still a huge amount of heat that has to be dissipated. They need power to run the cooling pumps to cool the reactor core and they apparently didn't have a power source. It kind of surprises me that they didn't have a gas turbine generator or something that could have been put on line quickly. Or, maybe they did, but it didn't work.

Yeah, the diesel back-up were flooded...Who'd a thunk it! They do some great things and that one lil un-seen will get you every time...

You can plan for a worst case scenario, you just have to figure out what worst case is. In this case, it wasn't the earthquake, but the water.

man... it's not looking good there, water levels dropped below the rods again. We all should keep this in our thoughts and prayers as it will effect many if this thing melts down.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back