Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Show me what it looks like in 5 years.
When your talking money in the billions it isn’t going away, it would go into a pump and dump much like Remington.

Thing is, if you looked 100+ years ago folks thought the same of Henry Ford’s automobiles. Then he invented the assembly line. Innovation in tech will grow more than any other Industry the next 100.

I put stop loss orders on everything I owned before heading up to MT. All of them sold off and I'll be holding the cash until after the election.... Probably for a week or more to see what really will happen

When your talking money in the billions it isn’t going away, it would go into a pump and dump much like Remington.

Thing is, if you looked 100+ years ago folks thought the same of Henry Ford’s automobiles. Then he invented the assembly line. Innovation in tech will grow more than any other Industry the next 100.
Tesla is selling smoke and mirrors and people have figured it out. 5 years.

Agree, I'm into NIO. Chinese car company. Nice run up lately. China wants to be 50% electric cars by 2035. Someone has to make those cars for them. NOTE: currently 360 million cars in China.

I read an article recently on Tesla's solar roof product. That will be an epic fail. That whole company is ripe for implosion, and when that happens I sure wouldn't want to own any stock in it.

"Experts" have been saying Tesla is going to crash for YEARS. Those experts have been saying to short it and they've been massively wrong for a long damn time.

I'll admit that I don't understand why people are just so in love with the stock but it has a cult following and lots of their shareholders are just unwilling to sell it. Couldn't blame anyone for not buying it (me included) but shorting it would be foolish in my opinion.

If Trump wins I would dump all my big tech. Pretty sure an anal exam is already underway. Biden wins and it's safe to buy more.

Tech is where the growth is. Will be higher at the end of 2021 no matter who wins.

The election in general really doesn't matter all that much. History has proven that time and time again. People would do waaaaaaaaaaay better if they'd just sit on their hands. I've done dramatically better when I do nothing than when I think I'm smart and jump in and out.

"Experts" have been saying Tesla is going to crash for YEARS. Those experts have been saying to short it and they've been massively wrong for a long damn time.

I'll admit that I don't understand why people are just so in love with the stock but it has a cult following and lots of their shareholders are just unwilling to sell it. Couldn't blame anyone for not buying it (me included) but shorting it would be foolish in my opinion.
Day will come when the cult members get fleeced........5 years

Agree, I'm into NIO. Chinese car company. Nice run up lately. China wants to be 50% electric cars by 2035. Someone has to make those cars for them. NOTE: currently 360 million cars in China.
Electric cars need to get a hell of a lot cheaper for that to happen.

Electric cars need to get a hell of a lot cheaper for that to happen.

Yep, somehow the people of China managed to buy 360 million vehicles, however they will be too poor to purchase new vehicles??? 🤔

Tesla just introduced a lower priced model in China. Innovation and the price is lowered.

If China wants to mandate the electric vehicle it will happen. Communism (dictatorship) not a free society.

I was once like you with my head in the sand. I now see the Innovation and progress made by the electric cars companies.

I'll look up you on this board a year from today and let you know how my electric car stock is doing (good or bad). OK.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Just bought a huge short position on the S&P index (SPY), a $329 put option expiring 11/4.
Well that didn't go well. Apparently this market is completely unhinged from any reality. Uncertainty and volatility that used to result in a swing down are now completely ignored and the tech boom just keeps heading for the moon. Fallout is coming.

You may have missed some really good opportunities, but you may still be primed for some great opportunities. I know very little and less by the hour in this market.

You may be right, but I'm ok with that. I didn't want to pay attention to it while I was in MT and immediately afterwards. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines right now lol.

You may be right, but I'm ok with that. I didn't want to pay attention to it while I was in MT and immediately afterwards. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines right now lol.
If you are fine with not taking any risk and sitting in cash, then fine. This is really about minimizing your regret. But your previous post said you don’t know what to do. Being in all cash is almost never the best answer.

Well that didn't go well. Apparently this market is completely unhinged from any reality. Uncertainty and volatility that used to result in a swing down are now completely ignored and the tech boom just keeps heading for the moon. Fallout is coming.
Everyone expected volatility and was positioned with hedges. That usually points to a swing up as those hedges come off. There was plenty of vol Tuesday night with multiple 2% swings in S&P. It was pros trying to take money from emotional players. I agree this economy has problems, but more money is coming and market will price it in well ahead of the news.
From here to EOY it will be portfolio positioning. Losses will get harvested for tax reasons. Doubt a lot of money gets put into anything with gains at these valuations, but like I said, more money is coming so who knows. Everyone will watch cases and deaths now. Those numbers affect consumer behavior.

If you are fine with not taking any risk and sitting in cash, then fine. This is really about minimizing your regret. But your previous post said you don’t know what to do. Being in all cash is almost never the best answer.
I went back in on Thursday and rode some gains up. 👍🏻👍🏻

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back