Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Not a fan of the cannabis companies, nor their ETF's though ETF's would the the better route, imo.

Diversify a bit.

I'm a huge proponent of Semiconductor side...
IGV, SMH... for ETF's.

Just a thought.
I'm holding SMH as well and have been happy with it overall. It appears to be pretty stable and I'm using it to hold funds I expect to use for taxes when I file in a few months.

That's an extremely limited forward outlook to place such an amount into a single stock - better odds than the lottery though wow! Then again, if a couple hundred thousand is 10% of their diversified 'folio... more power to them.

I think it was quite a bit more than that. 50%+ for sure based one what they were saying.

I bought CORN and SOYB ETFs recently, still pretty much flat. I know some guys heavily involved in trading/hedging ag commodities so thought I would join in on the fun in a more limited fashion.

I've had a higher % in TSLA before, but never with a portfolio that big lol. At least it worked out for them.
For now. I've migrated to the @schmalts bandwagon. At some point TLSA will come back to earth. There is zero justification for the current market price.

Last edited:
For now. I've migrated to the @schmalts bandwagon. At some point TLSA will come back to earth. There is zero justification for the current market price.
That's what I initially thought of AMZN... To the point, long ago I had a few 6 month + PUTS... needless to say... Not my greatest play. Haha!

As for TSLA - It's an open world (as it was for AMZN). TSLA is engaged in space travel, etc. While he's not the typical Earnings type spokesperson, he keeps holders engaged in the future. I didn't think AMZN would be where they are now - I hope I learned my lesson.

Then again TSLA could lose its perceived intrinsic value and crumble... for some reason his castle is built of elements more binding than sand. Wish I had the huevos to make a 200k play as mentioned above... Talk about a fancy chin-dig of dinero!

That's what I initially thought of AMZN... To the point, long ago I had a few 6 month + PUTS... needless to say... Not my greatest play. Haha!

As for TSLA - It's an open world (as it was for AMZN). TSLA is engaged in space travel, etc. While he's not the typical Earnings type spokesperson, he keeps holders engaged in the future. I didn't think AMZN would be where they are now - I hope I learned my lesson.

Then again TSLA could lose its perceived intrinsic value and crumble... for some reason his castle is built of elements more binding than sand. Wish I had the huevos to make a 200k play as mentioned above... Talk about a fancy chin-dig of dinero!
Keep in mind Tesla is not going to be the only EV manufacturer. VW is going all EV, and many others will offer battery as well. Someone smarter than me has to show me the PE ratio is something that will come in line whith other auto makers. Amazon is a different animal where they got into something that was easy to make a monopoly. At least short term

Keep in mind Tesla is not going to be the only EV manufacturer. VW is going all EV, and many others will offer battery as well. Someone smarter than me has to show me the PE ratio is something that will come in line whith other auto makers. Amazon is a different animal where they got into something that was easy to make a monopoly. At least short term
That's a good point. I remember when Ford fell apart at the seams and was worthless after other auto makers got into the game. They really failed to innovate and thrive by being the leader of the pack.

I'm only busting your chops lol. Any honest man will tell you that Tesla is a bit of a gamble for sure. It just might be one that some of us are willing to take.

That's a good point. I remember when Ford fell apart at the seams and was worthless after other auto makers got into the game. They really failed to innovate and thrive by being the leader of the pack.

I'm only busting your chops lol. Any honest man will tell you that Tesla is a bit of a gamble for sure. It just might be one that some of us are willing to take.
So, my mind keeps wondering if copper is a buy still. There's no way possible an EV dominate fleet can function on today's wiring. Even EV motorcycles fast charge on 240v at 60 amps. A whole lot of 6ga is going to be needed in homes and charging lots and places of work. Copper is already up not way up from a 5 year high. Your thoughts?

So, my mind keeps wondering if copper is a buy still. There's no way possible an EV dominate fleet can function on today's wiring. Even EV motorcycles fast charge on 240v at 60 amps. A whole lot of 6ga is going to be needed in homes and charging lots and places of work. Copper is already up not way up from a 5 year high. Your thoughts?
I know you weren't asking me. But I think lithium is a better play

Similar to @neffa3 I like lithium more. I have a buddy who is playing the lithium side of the EV game and is in LAC. Got in around $5.20/share and is happy so far (Just closed at $18.99/share)

I know very little about Moderna but post-Covid, what does it have going for it? Will they use those unique carriers in future vaccines for different illnesses?
As a DVM I deal with these carriers (adjuvants) in animal vaccines. I will also disclose that mRNA vaccines have been used in animals for the past 3 years.
Yes, the carrier is a LIPID. It delivers the RNA throughout the body. Different companies have different delivery systems. This LIPID system seems to work well. An article just came out today that predicts the COVID vaccine may give protection for up to two years and that it will also cover the NEW strains of COVID in GB and South Africa.
The fun part is that vaccines USUALLY take years to develop and gain approval from the FDA [and cost millions of $$$$]. COVID was the exception. If the LIPID carrier is as good as they hope, the LIPID carrier can be "sourced out" to other companies for other vaccines. This LIPID carrier will NOT need further testing. Royalties!!!!!
In conclusion MODERNA may be a pharmaceutical company with many different avenues to make profits.
JMO. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
As a DVM I deal with these carriers (adjuvants) in animal vaccines. I will also disclose that mRNA vaccines have been used in animals for the past 3 years.
Yes, the carrier is a LIPID. It delivers the RNA throughout the body. Different companies have different delivery systems. This LIPID system seems to work well. An article just came out today that predicts the COVID vaccine may give protection for up to two years and that it will also cover the NEW strains of COVID in GB and South Africa.
The fun part is that vaccines USUALLY take years to develop and gain approval from the FDA [and cost millions of $$$$]. COVID was the exception. If the LIPID carrier is as good as they hope, the LIPID carrier came be "sourced out" to other companies for other vaccines. This LIPID carrier will NOT need further testing. Royalties!!!!!
In conclusion MODERNA may be a pharmaceutical company with many different avenues to make profits.
JMO. Good luck to all.
Just took the first dose of MRNA vaccine today. I note a couple of things. The waiver had a sentence something “you understand that this vaccine has not been approved”. I laughed, but it just points out these are unusual circumstances. Second, they didn’t charge me anything and didn’t charge my insurance. Sure, someone paid for this stuff, but don’t expect this policy to continue indefinitely or for other diseases. I’m already seeing articles about the profit these cos are making. The general public basically hates all healthcare cos. Always has.

Tesla isn't being viewed as a car company by the market. It's being priced as an energy company with an almost unlimited market in the future. Yea it's a car company now but they have just an enormous market that they could serve in the future. I agree that the valuation seems incredibly extreme right now and I don't quite get it but that's where we're at. Felt the same about Amazon for years. Pretty incredible that Elon passed Bezos as the world's richest person today.

Tesla isn't being viewed as a car company by the market. It's being priced as an energy company with an almost unlimited market in the future. Yea it's a car company now but they have just an enormous market that they could serve in the future. I agree that the valuation seems incredibly extreme right now and I don't quite get it but that's where we're at. Felt the same about Amazon for years. Pretty incredible that Elon passed Bezos as the world's richest person today.
No one asked me what I was worth????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And this is the kind of news that I mean when I talk about playing the players as much as the company. This stuff gets some people excited and makes them want to be a part of something (see FOMO).

I'm not in Tesla right now, but I'm not surprised at all to see it up another +/-5% premarket after rising +/-8% yesterday.

And this is the kind of news that I mean when I talk about playing the players as much as the company. This stuff gets some people excited and makes them want to be a part of something (see FOMO).

I'm not in Tesla right now, but I'm not surprised at all to see it up another +/-5% premarket after rising +/-8% yesterday.
I have ETF "ARKK" that owns Tesla.... that's as close as I get. That ETF has been doing very well. I do own NIO and I am happy with those profits (up 6% pre-market) we'll see how it all shakes out.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back