Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I’ve bought and sold chunks of VSTO since March. I’ve never looked into institutional ownership, but seems to be some whales in that stock that drive it up and down hamfisting mad profit both ways. Also a lot of pissant piddly dummies like myself. I paid for X-mas and my new .270 through that stock though; treated me well.

Yep, shed a week of gains in a single day. Thank goodness that never happens with traditional stocks huh? ;)
Circuit breakers would kick in to allow the market to catch up to declines like that. Just losing "last weeks gains" is not a big deal but BTCs gains last week were 25%. So technically that level of loses could never happen in stocks.The market would close down 20%. ;)

Thanks for the tip. I bought some as well. Up 14% this week already.
It look like they are getting ducks in a row in case national legalization hits. It's nice to see a Pot stock that actually has enough crap in line to even show a P/E ratio on financial sites. Too many of them are shady fly by night ordeals but this one seems to have some management savvy

Another stock that has me looking is LG Display LPL (LG display) They did press releases of some new products that I think might take off in a COVID world. One of note is the clear display. Looks like clear glass unless something is being televised. I am just thinking with all the clear barriers being put up a lot of things might be applied to that. Fast food ordering stations could have the menu and check out details, mass transit advertising, etc.. I threw a few thousand into it and see if anything happens.

Transparent Display Unveiled At CES 2021​

Elsewhere, LG Display (LPL) introduced a 55-inch transparent video display meant for commercial settings like restaurants and shopping malls. The see-through television uses OLED technology.

LG's Transparent OLED has 40% transparency, providing sharp image quality while being clear like glass. The South Korea-based firm sees applications for the technology in smart homes, smart buildings, and mobility, including autonomous vehicles, aircraft and subways.

Thanks for the tip. I bought some as well. Up 14% this week already.
Another 4.8% today. I think I am staying in long on this one. I give it more than a 50% chance for national legalization. Just a bill being introduced is going to make that stock go up up up. time will tell

I’m staying away from marijuana stocks. Got hard loss with ACB and CANN. Ancillary to that though and more diversified is SMG. Wouldashouldacoulda. I had stocks with SMG when it was around $50/share and dumped all because wasn’t moving enough. Look at them now!

I’m staying away from marijuana stocks. Got hard loss with ACB and CANN. Ancillary to that though and more diversified is SMG. Wouldashouldacoulda. I had stocks with SMG when it was around $50/share and dumped all because wasn’t moving enough. Look at them now!
I hear ya. I only bought into pot twice prior and did well. This company is different in that the EPS and P/E shows it is not something way out of whack. If you look at ACB's EPS and P/E it shows todays price is more in line with where it should be over the 108.00 price it used to be. TCNNF is an a P/E of 80.00 and that isn't good, but sure as hell better than Teslas 1600.00

So my buddy picked up GME yesterday on a whim, figuring they did well through covid. Holy cow was that a lucky grab.

i've been playing that game for a few weeks. bought a few shares at like 20 bucks a pop, sold only enough today to cover entry costs.

i have some friends that decided to gamble on the options months ago for spring

they're in the +300-400% range. my mouse was hovering over a call option last week in anticipation of the monday board meeting set to expire tomorrow but i didn't have the guts. that thing shot up like 10,000%

Last edited:
So, I didn't want to try to calc all my accounts combined, but I ended up with +45.6% in my IRA, +29.6% 401k, and -24% in Robinhood (thankfully that is hands down my smallest fund). QS really F-ed me good at the very end in Robinhood as I went all in, and lost my pants.

I hear ya. I only bought into pot twice prior and did well. This company is different in that the EPS and P/E shows it is not something way out of whack. If you look at ACB's EPS and P/E it shows todays price is more in line with where it should be over the 108.00 price it used to be. TCNNF is an a P/E of 80.00 and that isn't good, but sure as hell better than Teslas 1600.00
Sure would feel good to get back into more US-owned companies. I may throw out a feeler on this dip today.

According to Fidelity, as of 12/31/20:

My IRA went +70.22% and my general stock account (opened in April 2020) went +136.59%. I got very lucky on some picks this year and took some big risks with the likes of Tesla.

Last edited:
According to Fidelity, as of 12/31/20:

My IRA went +70.22 an general stock account (opened in April 2020) went +136.59%. I got very lucky on some picks this year and took some big risks with the likes of Tesla.
That is awesome! Congrats!.
I feel super stupid because my robinhood account was +34% for the year on Dec 23....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back