Anti hunting group buys hunting rights

on queue deathwish.
Woah there, just saying that a big demographic bulge is causing an increase in that sector. Millennials are bigger than boomers, there will be a similar bump in 25-30 years.

One of the interesting things there ~30 years ago when boomers were training for health care jobs there were far more boomers than greatest generation, so the created bottlenecks in the pipeline so that we didn't have too many MDs, those bottlenecks (which are part of Medicare) are still in place.

Woah there, just saying that a big demographic bulge is causing an increase in that sector. Millennials are bigger than boomers, there will be a similar bump in 25-30 years.

One of the interesting things there ~30 years ago when boomers were training for health care jobs there were far more boomers than greatest generation, so the created bottlenecks in the pipeline so that we didn't have too many MDs, those bottlenecks (which are part of Medicare) are still in place.

The generational transfer of wealth to Gen X & Millenials is going to be a massive re-shuffling of the non-profit sector.

I doubt it. I think the HT universe is a narrow slice of hunters, so we can get skewed pretty easily. A lot of hunters have a lot of money. Maybe, they have a lot of money because they say 'No' to all the requests for donations?
Maybe they have a lot of money because they spend their day working, not goofing off on hunt talk?

Not if Inigo is mowing SAJ-99's lawn off the books.
Inigo is working for the company that mows my lawn. He pays taxes because the company makes him. I do note that he is working, which I can't say is true for a lot of Americans. Maybe Inigo should set up a non-profit to mow my lawn, undercut the price his previous company charged me and avoid taxes altogether. The American way apparently. If I could find a teenager that would cut my lawn like kids used to do 40 years ago I would pay them well and maybe even show them how to avoid paying taxes. Unfortunately they are too busy watching Tik Tok and Snapchatting between soccer practice and viola lessons which they put little effort into either.

If I could find a teenager that would cut my lawn like kids used to do 40 years ago I would pay them well and maybe even show them how to avoid paying taxes. Unfortunately they are too busy watching Tik Tok and Snapchatting between soccer practice and viola lessons which they put little effort into either.
You have kids, right? This scenario sounds oddly specific. 😁

I'm interested.
Hell, I'm interested. Our HOA pays the lawn service over $25,000 each year and they work about two hours each week for 7 months. Don't get me started on that.
You have kids, right? This scenario sounds oddly specific. 😁
I don't let my kid near social media stuff, but her request to start viola lessons was a kick in the nuts.

I'm in a bad mood today. Mostly because the price of everything goes up and companies eliminate customer service reps to maintain profits. It is rampant across industries.

Patagonia literally invented the 1% for conservation thing, and I would bet you a nice dinner that Yvon/ Patagonia contributes far more to "their" conservation causes than Bass Pro or Johnny Morris does on a real or proportionate basis.

You can disagree with it all you want but the rich greenie liberals are far more willing to put their $ to causes than the rich hook and bullet crowd.
I find Patagonia is TOP tier a force to reckon. As @Ben Lamb commented, Yvon holds a quality PR force. Their reach is also internationally recognized for their eco-enviro outreach and support.
Many of their financial supported endeavors hold quality operations, i.e. salmon runs where dams that produce less ROI than the habitat river structure (less silt for egg reproduction) would gain if the dam is removed or re-engineered.

They - due to Yvon's devotion to his belief, has created a tsunami of environmental funding via "Action Works".

Internationally vaulted as most nations do not have an understanding of American values, not have reason to care... Thus $$$ continues to flush in.

That said, their $$$ coffees also play completely adverse to American hunting/State conservation efforts as they, via Yvon, value federal dominance over a country versus State sovereignty to manage our own grizzlies, natural transition of wolves into Colorado, etc.

I placed them as a mixed bag of quality and crap for their funding.

You may disagree and find value with the Anti "Trophy Hunter" speeches Yvon gives to the masses. I find his slick investment into college propaganda a quality chess move though one I do not support.

The challenge U.S. holds... We are a country of hunters that pride ourselves as part of the cycle of life equation within conservation and value State management of our wildlife.

U.S. hunter based conservation organizations are not internationally vested. We lose a large $ coffee when contending with Yvon's Amazon to the Nile river eco-enviro global tithe collection, so to speak.

Now, IMO, take for instance, if our nationally recognized hunt based conservation organizations operated collectively to counter the Patagonia supported boxes of ballot city slicker biology to force re-introduction of woofs in Colorado, this would NOT have passed.

We spent 1/2 the $ opposing the Colorado initiative yet only lost by 0.91% of city slicker votes.

Our hunt based conservation organizations must unite when faced with such icebergs dead ahead, as Randy shared in his podcast..

My two cents. I don't discount Patagonia one bit. As said, they are a strong force that must be acknowledged and countered...

Back