NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Antelope Scouting Video (please help)

Hard to tell with the distorted wide format, but I'd put him around 70".

thank you for the help. I saw another one which I believe to be much bigger proly in the 80 - 85 range. I only saw him for about 1 minute or less. I just wanted to know how big this one was. I have video of another one I will be posting in the 60 range I believe.

Here is the video for that one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8besE9JPRNQ

Last edited:
Yeah I am thinking that buck #1 is around 70 maybe a little bigger and the other is in the low 60's. I know there is one bigger I do not have any video of. Hope to be able to find the ones I don't have any video of during the season.

Mind you this is my first Antelope tag ever, However, I do know that this location has to possibility to produce huge antelope. A friend of mine sent me a picture of a buck that was possibly found dead in the are I am hunting. If this is true or this buck is even real holy cow.

Last edited:
Hm...where are you hunting?

I can assure you that the buck you posted was taken by a hunter and not just "found dead".

Funny how the rumor mill works.

With the tag that you have, I would keep looking. I used to call a lot of coyotes/hunt chukar in that area during college and would routinely see bucks from the truck that would make Nevada book easy. Here is a link to a movie that I found useful in learning how to field judge. http://www.pronghornguideservice.com/ :) Sportsmans Warehouse in Reno used to carry them but I haven't been in there since I moved...

Hm...where are you hunting?

I can assure you that the buck you posted was taken by a hunter and not just "found dead".

Funny how the rumor mill works.

Eli I compared it to the buck you posted and it doesn't look like the same one. There are many discrepancies in the photos I have seen as I thought it was the one that was just harvested that you had posted. He had been told by fish and game that this was found in Nevada after the fire near Lovelock. I still don't believe it is from Nevada or from the zone I have been scouting. I have yet to get a final info on the buck.

Also Eli how big do you think those bucks in the videos I posted are?

Looks like it is the same bucks, I have no issue being wrong and am actually happy that I was wrong and right. Thanks Oak and Eli

Last edited:
I don't know...here's the buck Eli posted. They look pretty similar to me. :D

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showpost.php?p=2186077&postcount=13

attachment.php

Mind you this is my first Antelope tag ever, However, I do know that this location has to possibility to produce huge antelope. A friend of mine sent me a picture of a buck that was possibly found dead in the are I am hunting. If this is true or this buck is even real holy cow.

photo.jpg

I didnt see that picture, your not missing anything. Which is why in my post I said that I originally thought it was the same buck that you posted. I was not here to tell you that you were wrong. I am glad that you have the picture matching the one that I received since I did not believe it was from my hunting are because I have never heard of something that big. Appreciate you clearing it up so that I can let my uncle know that his buddy is wrong.

Yeah i got the video on how to judge but I need a lot more practice. Which is why I have been asking for help. Appreciate the advice.

With the tag that you have, I would keep looking. I used to call a lot of coyotes/hunt chukar in that area during college and would routinely see bucks from the truck that would make Nevada book easy. Here is a link to a movie that I found useful in learning how to field judge. http://www.pronghornguideservice.com/ :) Sportsmans Warehouse in Reno used to carry them but I haven't been in there since I moved...

I would say 1st buck is a 70"er and the second is around 65". You can definitely do better than those even for your first one. Don't shoot early! Find a big one and if you can't then shoot those smaller ones way late in the hunt. ;)

I can't get an accurate estimate on those bucks in your videos because the video is squashed pretty bad. If I was going to guess I'd agree with IB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back