Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

CO 2023 Muzzleloader Pronghorn Antelope Hunt

I made it out a few more days as I still had a doe tag in my pocket. I made a few stalks, but by this point in the season the antelope had been pressured pretty good by all the other muzzleloader hunters and were very reluctant to let me close the distance more than 300 yards. My max range I am willing to try with my muzzleloader is 150 yards.

I did get with in range on several bucks though. One of which was the below buck. I think he must have been stuck during the archery season which had just ended a week before muzzleloader season started.
Screenshot_20231009_102802_Gallery.jpg

As you can see he had this matted clump of hair, weeds, blood and puss running down his left side. He was moving well and did runoff when I got out of my truck to get a better look at him.

Overall he looked very healthy and moved off quote nicely. I think as long as he can fight off the infection, and winter in not to hard on him he should make a full recovery.

I just want to know where in the world there's an airbnb in the eastern plains
You would be surprised how many there are out in the middle of nowhere. I think it's becoming popular for ranchers with an empty farm house or bunk house to try and rent out the space and make a few extra dollars.

You would be surprised how many there are out in the middle of nowhere. I think it's becoming popular for ranchers with an empty farm house or bunk house to try and rent out the space and make a few extra dollars.
That makes sense. I hunt a bit down that way, ill have to look into.

That makes sense. I hunt a bit down that way, ill have to look into.
The nice thing about these country AirBNB's is you get to meet the local farmers and ranchers and if you are nice and respectful they give you access to their properties to hunt, and will even tell you where they saw the antelope last. I was also granted permission to come back and hunt whitetail if I so choose to. This my first time using an AirBNB for an antelope hunt and I think it opened more hunting opportunities.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back