Another levergun on the bench

Ever think about .357 Remington Maximum to address all the straight wall rifle in shotgun zones? Would it also chamber standard .357 Mag? If yes, I bet it would be interesting!

Ever think about .357 Remington Maximum to address all the straight wall rifle in shotgun zones? Would it also chamber standard .357 Mag? If yes, I bet it would be interesting!
It could be done on a 336, it would require a 35rem bolt. It would chamber the 357 mag, getting the timing right might take some effort.

6.5-30 waters 🤔
Loaded with some round noses, could be pretty good!

What Marlin is required to do a 50 Alaskan?
It's been done on the Marlin 1895 a lot. Requires 45-70 bolt. Winchester '86 and '71 may be the better choice. I'd probably shed a tear doing that to a '71...

The chamber is cut and polished, and the extractor groove is cut in.
It's amazing how rough the Marlin barrel is in this section. All the threads, extractor groove, and chamber face were ground in instead of cut. View attachment 246998
This is awesome! Just redoing the stock was fun! Looking forward to how this turns out.

@p_ham can you convert it to .308. I know it’s not sexy but for someone that doesn’t reload 30-30 ammo has been non existent

@p_ham can you convert it to .308. I know it’s not sexy but for someone that doesn’t reload 30-30 ammo has been non existent
Unfortunately no, the chamber pressure is way too high in 308.
Savage 99, Winchester 88, Browning BLR, Henry Long Ranger are all chambered in .308win.

Check ammoseek for 30-30. There's a bunch listed.

Do you have a preference when it comes to rebluing,, or do you lean towards Cerakote?
I don't really have a personal preference, Cerakoting is the easier/ faster route. Really it depends on the gun and what the customer wants out of it.
Some of the black/ super dark blues you can spray look really nice. Just don't try to pass them off as the real deal.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back