Caribou Gear

Another levergun on the bench

I need to go back through and polish back some internals but I couldn't help throwing it together real quick. I'll get some better photos when it's done done.
I don't know why the stocks are showing as 2 different colors, other than my phone camera is made from potatoes.

Attachments

• 20221128_211346.jpg
    20221128_211346.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
I need to go back through and polish back some internals but I couldn't help throwing it together real quick. I'll get some better photos when it's done done.
I don't know why the stocks are showing as 2 different colors, other than my phone camera is made from potatoes.
The two colors is just the lighting. Harsher light showing up on the front which washes out the color. Looks great though!

I'm in the process now of polishing all of the internals, and doing a final fit up of all the parts. It's the finicky part at the end that I don't really enjoy but it's all the stuff that makes or breaks a build. With the spray coating, there are a few areas that need worked back in to operate smoothly.
Shown is the dimple I added to the hammer so there wouldn't be a worry about the spur possibly slipping off. The setscrew for the spur bottoms out in the dimple and locks everything in. The spur itself had to be fit to the hammer for as much contact as possible and refinished. 20221122_225025[1].jpg20221221_215517[1].jpg

I vote that instead of the normal off-season crazy threads, we all send p_ham our old guns and watch the threads as he breathes life back into them! Outstanding work on the gun @p_ham!
That’s my plan, sending him granddads Winchester model 12. Next year Ill give it to my son.

Attachments

• 44F4BFB9-7B93-4ADF-896A-B4B0911BC2F8.jpeg
    44F4BFB9-7B93-4ADF-896A-B4B0911BC2F8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
That’s my plan, sending him granddads Winchester model 12. Next year Ill give it to my son.
You will not regret it. P_ham is awesome to work with through every step of the process and his work is truly art. I have always been a guy who used guns just as tools, but as my kids are getting older, I have thought more and more about not only what their early shooting memories will be, but also leaving them guns that they can truly be proud of and that they can pass along to their kids one day. Now I just need to find another gun to send in before he gets to busy and famous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back