Another Hunt... Another Bull. (WYOMING)

Congrats, nice job. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics and videos.

WTG! Dude I just hope I see a small part of the Elk ya'll saw. We leave Wendsday Morning and hope to meet and greet Noharlyyet in Chama, NM for supper and then the next morning we will go to Pagosa Springs and Ken will go to his area. Can't wait! Once again WTG! John

I talked to IDB a long time over this. I told him I wasn't going to Shoot anything pior to him for looking like a Greed puss or taking advantage (Per prior comments you pricks :D). I was Rooting for him too. He ALWAYS had first dibs on Any Elk we saw and I went early for him in the Bow and would have stayed as long as he needed me too for him as well. (Although both wives were putting on the pressure after 10 days ;) ) But IDB wasn't going to shoot anything under 330. And after a mutual Green light passed.... BOOM :D

Usual rule is whoever spots it first get's first dibs... and since he saw them ALL first... he would have had dibs anyways.. ;) But seriously, even after I shot my elk I spent 4 days brushing, glassing and Cuttleing with him for support. Thats how we roll, help each other out :D

T'was a great hunt. I could have held out the first day and passed, but I would have come home empty handed or with a lot less of a bull. We all have to decide when to drop the hammer and/or call it quits and I am very happy, Even with a "dink sub 300 bench mark" class bull :p

Thanks for the Kudos. The year isn't over yet, Although for Elk it pretty much is for me. Like I said, we all have to decide when to drop the hammer or call it quits and right now I have some home time to make up before I leave for Deer ....
This hunt was awesome. I'm glad Oscar came up and spent the time he did. Which included missing his kids 2nd birthday. We had a good time but we never saw the quality of bulls I saw during the archery season. The early snow really messed things up, pushing the cows and bigger bulls into the lower counrty. I could of shot a bunch of lesser bulls but I had my mind set on a good bull and I never saw it during the rifle season. I may have messed up by passing on the front-end-bull but I just don't think he had all it took to make the benchmark I had set. Even though Buzz and Oscar really thought I should shoot that bull. :D Oscar, more so since he offered me $100 to shoot it so he could go home to his wife. hump hump

Thanks to Moosie, IDB, Buzz, Ovis, Oak, Greenhorn, & the many others who've supplied the pics & stories for a spectacular season thus far. The magazine quality photos, text, humor & fellowship have helped make my yearly wait getting back to Colorado more bearable.

...another fine animal Oscar.

HAHA!!!

Congrats IDB and Moose. Looks like a great trip. I cant wait for the video. Im hoping IDB gets back up there and pops a big'n. Moosie, you had a stellor year for sure man.. Congrats!!

Awsome bull Moose Man!

Good luck John! Keep away from the shivers and shoot straight......
DS

When does the season close over there are you going to have time IDB?? Or do you have other hunts planned??

Congrats moosie, IDB, hope you get the chance to come back and get one.

Very cool Oscar. Your freezer has got to be getting FULL!
Hope you decide to go back IDB, lord knows you put in your time already, but maybe you'll find the "big boy"...

A few things have to align before I get to go back and it's not all my decision. If it were only up to me I would go for sure. I'll let everyone know if I get to go or not. Hopefully by posting a pic or two of a few bulls I had seen. :)

Thanks to Moosie, IDB, Buzz, Ovis, Oak, Greenhorn, & the many others who've supplied the pics & stories for a spectacular season thus far. The magazine quality photos, text, humor & fellowship have helped make my yearly wait getting back to Colorado more bearable.

...another fine animal Oscar.

Wish I could supply more stories and pics than I do right now. There once was a time when I could...I'm hoping in three more years I will be able to again. Thanks for the compliment!

Congrats Moosie! Another fine critter for you. It sounds like you guys had an incredible hunt. 94 bulls, wow! Sounds like a fenced hunt!

bulldown

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back