A Navy Veteran’s perspective on racism

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
giphy.gif
I've been wondering when Jose would chime in.

Now go watch Louder with Crowders rebuttal....

It really chaps my hide when some brit twit lectures US about our politics and policies. Don't they have enough problems in the GB without sticking their libron tongues into ours. The Demsocs are actively right now defunding their states and cities PD's. Unbelievable but true. Wont be much longer and you'll be too afraid to leave your own property. Guess who's gonna fill the void left by the absence of legitimate authority? Gangs and petty warlords. Its so predictable. Told the wife 2 days ago we're going to have to move to N. Idaho. I support the police 100% and if I was a mayor I'd tell them if they loot, you shoot. 5-10 rounds of 00 into them and poof they'll be gone like smoke. Criminals dead or wounded and property and lives saved. Or you can just take to your weak knees and lick the boot that kicks you ie. blm, antifa. Ill be sure to watch the rebuttal. Never heard of this oliver guy. Maybe he should scuttle on back to Londonistan right.

I am hesitant to post this, as it is fairly graphic and hard to watch. It's not something to watch with children around. But my wife and I saw this woman, Kimberly Jones, speak last night and I have been thinking about what she said ever since. I am all too comfortable in my white bubble, and so it is necessary for me to push past that, and get uncomfortable so that I can better understand others' perspectives. This video puts a lot of what I've been struggling with into perspective, and addresses what systemic racism is, does, and looks like.

Finally got around to watching that. Definitely painful to think about, then and now. My only critique would be that this "thing" we're currently striving for in America isn't a competition as it was characterized. It's not me vs anyone else, just me against myself.

Finally got around to watching that. Definitely painful to think about, then and now. My only critique would be that this "thing" we're currently striving for in America isn't a competition as it was characterized. It's not me vs anyone else, just me against myself.
Overall very powerful. Especially the reminders of Tulsa and Rosewood. I could have lived without the strained monopoly metaphor.

It really chaps my hide when some brit twit lectures US about our politics and policies. Don't they have enough problems in the GB without sticking their libron tongues into ours. The Demsocs are actively right now defunding their states and cities PD's. Unbelievable but true. Wont be much longer and you'll be too afraid to leave your own property. Guess who's gonna fill the void left by the absence of legitimate authority? Gangs and petty warlords. Its so predictable. Told the wife 2 days ago we're going to have to move to N. Idaho. I support the police 100% and if I was a mayor I'd tell them if they loot, you shoot. 5-10 rounds of 00 into them and poof they'll be gone like smoke. Criminals dead or wounded and property and lives saved. Or you can just take to your weak knees and lick the boot that kicks you ie. blm, antifa. Ill be sure to watch the rebuttal. Never heard of this oliver guy. Maybe he should scuttle on back to Londonistan right.
Thanks for proving many of the points raised in this thread. But since you wisely didn't use the n-word you will get to keep your HT login I guess.

Lets get to something constructive with our forum. What can we do within the hunting community to improve ourselves in the discrimination matter. I think right now the hunting community is better then it ever was, but we could do things to make it better. Maybe organizing wild game cookouts within our community's, Or more public donation of wild game pantrys around the country. Maybe community clean ups organized by hunting communitys. Idk but I think its a good opprotunity to organize something that goes out of our way to interact with people who may not have or know anybody within the hunting community.

I'm glad to see the discussion about George Floyd and racism here. We've been talking about it at home, too. If you don't believe we have a problem, please look up the original GF video where he is murdered. I did, it is shocking, horrifying and makes me cringe to think one person could do that to another. For any reason, let alone being a different color. And it was all so matter of fact as far as the LEO was concerned. After GF has been killed, they all just stroll off like it's just another day at the office. I need to step up my game, things aren't the same to me now. Oh, and I completely agree that no matter what GF had done in the past should have any bearing on the fact that he was murdered, in front of witnesses and cold bloodily, too.

Yeah, that's not easy to swallow. I was thinking about some of your earlier musings. I don't think any of us need to feel guilty unless you continue to express racist values and/or speech. I don't feel guilty. I grew up in a middle class white suburbia household. I frequently used racist terms, because that's what I heard my family use so I thought it was okay and normal. When I went to college and became integrated with different races, I learned differently and I did things differently. We emphasize equality for all in our house.

This thread has been interesting. It's brought out the best and the worst. It's brought out examples of opinions from black people that align with individual viewpoints, and invokes the title "What the left doesn't....". Equality isn't political. It's not about things being conservative enough or liberal enough. It's about the fact that every person on this earth is equal and we should all strive to ensure that is the case in all facets of life.

It's highly unlikely 100 people will view our country's inequality issue(s) in the same light. We don't have to. Is Morgan Freeman correct? I don't know. He brings up some interesting viewpoints, and some well worth considering. One of my favorite football players, Champ Bailey, speaks out very vehemently about the racism in our society and the fear black people live with. They offer differing views and perspectives, and are both very fortunate in a financial sense. So who is more correct? Rob Bishop offers interesting perspectives in reference to public lands, but I sure don't want him representing my views on it. That's not to say the majority of black people view Freeman's stance in the same way.

I for the life of me can't understand why it's that hard for some people to simply acknowledge there are people in this country who feel racially oppressed, and would like all of us to work to collectively change that. It won't be changed by reciting the pledge of allegiance. It has nothing to do with your religion. It's simply about starting within yourself, and then expanding that to make discrimination an intolerable action in America. You can't climb the mountain until you acknowledge it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's not easy to swallow. I was thinking about some of your earlier musings. I don't think any of us need to feel guilty unless you continue to express racist values and/or speech. I don't feel guilty. I grew up in a middle class white suburbia household. I frequently used racist terms, because that's what I heard my family use so I thought it was okay and normal. When I went to college and became integrated with different races, I learned differently and I did things differently. We emphasize equality for all in our house.

This thread has been interesting. It's brought out the best and the worst. It's brought out examples of opinions from black people that align with individual viewpoints, and invokes the title "What the left doesn't....". Equality isn't political. It's not about things being conservative enough or liberal enough. It's about the fact that every person on this earth is equal and we should all strive to ensure that is the case in all facets of life.

It's highly unlikely 100 people will view our country's inequality issue(s) in the same light. We don't have to. Is Morgan Freeman correct? I don't know. He brings up some interesting viewpoints, and some well worth considering. One of my favorite football players, Champ Bailey, speaks out very vehemently about the racism in our society and the fear black people live with. They offer differing views and perspectives, and are both very fortunate in a financial sense. So who is more correct? Rob Bishop offers interesting perspectives in reference to public lands, but I sure don't want him representing my views on it. That's not to say the majority of black people view Freeman's stance in the same way.

I for the life of me can't understand why it's that hard for some people to simply acknowledge there are people in this country who feel racially oppressed, and would like all of us to work to collectively change that. It won't be changed by reciting the pledge of allegiance. It has nothing to do with your religion. It's simply about starting within yourself, and then expanding that to make discrimination an intolerable action in America. You can't climb the mountain until you acknowledge it's there.
I like that man, thanks.

I still have a tumble of mixed emotions I'm sipping on but I appreciate a place to talk about them.

I for the life of me can't understand why it's that hard for some people to simply acknowledge there are people in this country who feel racially oppressed, and would like all of us to work to collectively change that.

Sometimes I wonder if it is less that people actually in their own mind and heart deny there are still inequities and rather more that they just don't want to be bothered with it and denying the problem alleviates any need to act. That it is easier to say there is no problem or the problem is self-created by others than to accept there is a problem and to begin to discuss what time, money and effort should be directed to addressing the problem? That a person knows they will be against some/many of the proposed solutions (like ending police unions) so it is just easier just to deny the problem in the first place (or blame the victim). I have similar wonders about climate change - is it really the refusal to listen to scientists, or is it easier to deny the science than to argue endlessly about the possible solutions - some of which appear extreme and driven by partisan overreach. I guess we will never know, but at least in the case of human equality, I believe indifference is as bad as being overtly racist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back